This Basil Pesto Quinoa with Grilled Chicken and Tomatoes is easy to make, healthy, and full of flavor! You can serve this warm or cold, so it’s perfect for any time of year!
You guys… I’m so happy to share my latest foodie discovery with you today!
If you’ve been following the blog for awhile then you know I love Quinoa. But Quinoa by itself is very bland tasting, so it needs some sort of flavoring added to it.
Well, I’ve making a lot of different pestos lately and adding them to different things like pasta and pizza. So I thought, hey why not try mixing it into Quinoa!
Then I added in some Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and some Grilled Chicken. Yum Yum Yum!
Seriously I can’t stop eating this!
I hope you guys love this Basil Pesto Quinoa with Grilled Chicken and Tomatoes! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and 100% Delicious!
Now you could serve this hot or cold. I’ve had it both ways and it’s so incredibly yummy!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Basil Pesto Quinoa with Grilled Chicken and Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 1 lb Chicken cutlets
- Pinch of Salt
- 1–2 Tbs Lemon juice
- 28 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 2 cups packed Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan
- Cook Quinoa as directed on package (I used Ancient Harvest brand, so cook time is based on that)
- While Quinoa is cooking prepare the rest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add Tomatoes to a baking sheet, sprinkle with a pinch of Salt, and drizzle with 1 tsp EVOO
- Bake 15 minutes flipping half way through
- Sprinkle Chicken cutlets with a pinch of Salt and drizzle 1-2 Tbs Lemon Juice over
- Heat grill or grill pan to med/high heat
- Add Chicken to grill, cook 3-4 minutes each side or until Chicken is cooked all the way through
- To make the pesto, add Basil, 1/4 cup EVOO, Garlic, Almonds, 1/4 tsp sea salt, pepper, and Parmesan to a food processor and blend until smooth. If it’s too thick add a bit of water to it.
- Add Pesto to Quinoa and mix well
- Chop Chicken into bite size pieces and add to Quinoa along with Tomatoes and mix together
- Serve warm or cold
Leave a Reply