This Pan Fried Gnocchi with Basil Pesto comes together in less than 10 minutes and is so delicious! Perfect for those busy weeknights!
Let’s hear it for the Gnocchi lovers!
I love Gnocchi, I actually prefer it over most pastas. Mainly because it’s not as heavy as regular pasta, and it takes a fraction of the amount of time to make, well if you buy it from the store that is. 🙂
Maybe someday I will learn how to make homemade Gnocchi… I’ll put that one on my to do list.
But for now I’m going to enjoy the simplicity of this delicious meal!
I finally found a Gluten Free Gnocchi that I absolutely love from Delallo. Actually I prefer all of their Gluten Free pastas over other brands at the moment (no this is not sponsored). It’s all about the taste and the texture for me, and they really nail it with both. Win!
Gnocchi only takes a few minutes to boil, make sure not to over boil or they will get mushy. Once it’s cooked, drain (save a little bit of the pasta water to mix in with the Pesto), and add to a warm frying pan with EVOO.
Place it in a singular layer in the pan and leave it undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Seriously, don’t touch it until then, otherwise it’ll stick to the pan.
Then turn and toss occasionally until golden brown, I say crisp it to your liking. 🙂
Add in the Basil Pesto and thin it out with a little bit of the saved pasta water. I used my homemade Basil Pesto for this which is way better than the store bought kind, check it out!
Cook 1-2 minutes longer then serve immediately.
I hope you guys love this Pan Fried Gnocchi with Basil Pesto as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and Totally Satisfying!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Pan Fried Gnocchi with Basil Pesto
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 1 12oz package mini gluten free Gnocchi (I used Delallo brand)
- 1–2 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 Tbs Basil Pesto
- 1–2 tsp Water
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Cook Gnocchi as directed on package and drain
- Heat EVOO in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Add Gnocchi to the the pan in a single layer, leave undisturbed 3-4 minutes
- Turn and cook, tossing occasionally until golden all over (about 2 minutes)
- Add Basil Pesto and a little bit of water until desired consistency of sauce is formed, saute 1-2 minutes
- Serve immediately
- Garnish with Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Heat a good amount of olive oil in a frying pan and tip in the gnocchi straight from the pack. Fry until golden-brown all over, so they look like mini roast potatoes.