How to make Basil Pesto in 5 minutes. This is incredibly simple and only requires a handful of ingredients. After making this, you will never want to buy store bought Pesto again, trust me!
To make this Pesto, you will need a Food Processor (affiliate).
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
Traditionally Pine Nuts are used in Pesto vs. Almonds, but I prefer using Almonds since I always seem to have them on hand.
I’ve even seen some recipes that use Walnuts too, so it’s totally your preference on what type of nut to use. 🙂
Blend everything for about 30 seconds, stopping and scraping down the sides in between.
If the Pesto looks too pasty add a little more Olive Oil to it. You want the texture to be more smooth rather than pasty.
This recipe makes approximately 1/2 cup of Pesto.
Some serving suggestions for this Basil Pesto:
- Add it to your favorite pasta
- Add it to Spiralized Zucchini for a low carb/gluten free version of ‘pasta’
- Use it as a dip with crusty bread
- Serve over meats or shrimp
- As a topping on a sammich
- Or Pizza! Pssst- that recipe coming soon!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
How To Make Basil Pesto
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 2 cups packed Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse for 20-30 seconds, stopping and scraping down the sides in between pulses.
- If it’s too thick, add a little more EVOO to your desired texture.
- Texture should be smooth and not pasty.