This Easy Gnocchi Bolognese Bake is so cheesy, hearty, and savory! Definitely a crowd favorite!
I love making Gnocchi because it’s so versatile. You can make so many different dishes with it! I’ve made several versions mixing it with pesto but I wanted to try something different this time.
I was craving comfort food, so I decided to create a pasta bake using Gnocchi in a savory Bolognese Sauce!
This is super easy to make and requires very little effort.
You definitely need to use either a cast iron skillet or a skillet that is oven proof, because half of this recipe will be made on the stovetop, and then it all goes into the oven to finish it off.
Start by sautéing the Onions and Carrots with EVOO, then add in the Garlic and Italian Sausage (full printable recipe below). I used Sweet Italian Sausage because that’s my favorite, but you can use a spicier one if you prefer.
Add in some Red Wine, Tomatoes, Basil, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes to create the yummy Bolognese Sauce.
You want to let all of this simmer for about 15 minutes to let the sauce thicken a bit. Slowly break Whole Tomatoes into bite size pieces while it’s simmering.
You can start cooking the Gnocchi once the sauce has finished since Gnocchi cooks in just a few minutes. I used mini gluten free Gnocchi from Delallo.
Cook the Gnocchi until al dente, make sure you don’t over cook or they will get mushy. Basically once you see the Gnocchi start to float to the top of the boiling water they are ready to drain.
Add the Gnocchi to the Bolognese sauce, stir in the Parmesan, and top with Mozzarella. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
Now you can proceed to chow down on all of this deliciousness! 🙂
I hope you guys love this Easy Gnocchi Bolognese Bake as much as we did! It’s:
- and Incredibly Delicious!
More Gnocchi Recipes
- Lemon Chive Pesto Gnocchi
- Pan Fried Gnocchi with Basil Pesto
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Gnocchi
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Pancetta and Sage
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Easy Gnocchi Bolognese Bake
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free
- 24 oz Mini Gnocchi (I used Delallo brand gluten free)
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 large Carrots chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 large Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Red Cooking Wine
- 28 oz Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 heaping Tbs chopped Basil
- 1 Tbs Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet add EVOO and heat over med/high heat
- When oil starts to shimmer add Onion and Carrots, sauté 5-8 minutes until slightly softened
- Add Garlic and Italian Sausage, cook 5-8 minutes until sausage is cooked all the way through
- Add Red Wine, Tomatoes, Basil, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes
- Simmer 15 minutes stir occasionally and break up the Tomatoes
- During the last few minutes of cooking the sauce, start the Gnocchi
- Cook Gnocchi as directed on package
- Drain and add Gnocchi to sauce
- Stir in Parmesan
- Top with Mozzarella
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly
- Serve and enjoy!