These Low Carb Burger Bowls with Blue Cheese Dressing are so tender, juicy, and filling! You honestly won’t miss the bun or the carbs. 🙂
This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite restaurants we would go to weekly… before everything shut down.
Their version was different it was with the burger in a bowl with a side of asparagus and of course the blue cheese dressing on top.
So I decided today to recreate this burger bowl with my own twist!
I don’t follow a low carb diet, but I try not to eat a lot of bread because honestly its too filling sometimes. And this burger bowl is quite filling on its own without a bun.
I prefer to use the Grass-Fed pre-shaped burgers from the grocery store. The flavor from Grass-Fed Beef is so much tastier. Plus you know you’re not getting meat that’s been injected with hormones which is super important to me.
To make these bowls, just add Lettuce, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, sautéed Red Onions and Mushrooms to your bowl.
Add your grilled Burger and top with the homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Once you try this homemade Blue Cheese Dressing you seriously will never buy store bought dressing again!
It is so incredibly delicious!
I hope you guys love these Low Carb Burger Bowls as much as we did! Happy grilling my friends!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Low Carb Burger Bowls with Blue Cheese Dressing
These Low Carb Burger Bowls with Blue Cheese Dressing are so tender, juicy, and filling! You honestly won’t miss the bun or the carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10-15 min
- Total Time: 21 minute
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Grass Fed Burgers
- 5 oz Lettuce
- 6–8 Grape Tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced Red Onion
- 5 oz sliced Mushrooms
- 1–2 Tbs EVOO
For the Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2–3 Tbs crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Mayo
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium frying pan add 1 Tbs EVOO and heat over medium heat
- When oil is shimmering add Onion and sauté 2-3 minutes, remove and set aside
- In the same pan add the Mushrooms and sauté 2-3 minutes, remove and set aside
- Mix everything for the Blue Cheese Dressing together and set aside
- Heat grill to 450 degrees
- Sprinkle a little Sea Salt and Pepper on the Burgers
- Grill the Burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes
- Flip the Burgers and cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the other side, about 4 minutes, or cook until desired doneness
- Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes
- Place the Lettuce evenly in each bowl
- Top Lettuce with Burgers, Tomatoes, Onion, Mushrooms, and Blue Cheese Dressing
When grilling burgers do not press them down with your spatula, it looses all of the juice that keep it tender and moist.
If you have leftover Blue Cheese Dressing, you can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Low Carb Burger Bowls with Blue Cheese Dressing, low carb, burger bowls, blue cheese dressing, gluten free, grilling