These Healthy Chocolate Protein Bites are the perfect snack post workout, or anytime really!
They taste so rich and chocolatey it’s hard to believe they are good for you!
I’ve been using this Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder everyday in my smoothies, since they sent me a bag of this – Thank you Bob’s Red Mill! 🙂
I decided to try something new today by using it to make a healthy snack.
This only takes 5 minutes to make and there’s no baking required… Woohoo!
This comes together with simple healthy ingredients:
Old Fashion Oats (I use Gluten Free)
Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder
Ground Flaxseed Meal
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (I toasted mine)
Just add everything to a bowl, mix, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
When you refrigerate it makes them a little more firm and easy to roll.
Next dig in and roll them into little bite size balls.
Make sure you store these in the fridge when you’re not chowing down on them. 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys make. 🙂
Healthy Chocolate Protein Bites
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 1 cup Old Fashion Oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free brand)
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 2/3 cup Toasted Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium frying pan add Coconut Flakes and heat over medium heat on stovetop for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly until the majority of Coconut Flakes are a golden brown color.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into small bite size pieces.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Disclaimer: there are Amazon affiliate links in this post