This Fennel and Carrot Soup is velvety, spicy, savory, and can be made in about 30 minutes!
I still can’t get over that it’s November already. I think I have a hard time determining what season it is because it still feels like summer here in southern Florida. We’ve had a record breaking heat wave here (still feels like 100 degrees), so let’s just say I’m ready for some cooler temps soon.
I know most of the states are dealing with cold and snow right now so I thought I’d create a warm cozy soup for you all! 🙂
I typically make soup from whatever produce I have in the fridge that needs to be used up. This week I had Fennel and Carrots, so I figured I would experiment with this combo.
And guess what? It totally worked! Who knew the flavors of Fennel and Carrots would blend so well together!
I hope you guys love this Fennel and Carrot Soup as much as we did! It’s:
- and Totally Satisfying
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Fennel and Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 1 lb Carrots (about 7 med/large) chopped into small pieces
- 1 Fennel Bulb (Fonds reserved) chopped into small pieces
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped into small pieces
- 5 Garlic cloves chopped into small pieces
- 3 Tbs EVOO
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- In a Dutch oven or large pot add EVOO and heat over med/high heat
- When oil is shimmering add Onion, Garlic, and sauté 1-2 minutes
- Add Carrots, Fennel, and sauté 4-6 minutes
- Add Broth, bring to boil, then turn heat down to low and simmer 20 minutes or until Carrots have softened
- Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes
- Carefully add soup to a Vitamix and blend on high 1-2 minutes or until smooth
- If you are using a regular blender, you may need to blend the soup in smaller batches
- Garnish with Fennel Fonds and serve