This Kale Caesar Salad with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas is super easy to make and is INSANELY delicious!
I love a good Caesar Salad. Let me tell you this salad does not dissapoint!
I decided to use Kale instead of the typical Romaine Lettuce. The Kale leaves hold up so much better after the dressing is mixed in. In fact this salad tasted just as good if not better the next day, so you could definitely use this recipe for meal prepping!
If you do this as a meal prep, just add the croutons before eating so they don’t get soggy.
The homemade dressing for this is super simple to make and tastes way better than any store bought salad dressing.
I used Garlic, Anchovies, Lemon Juice, Dijon Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Parmesan, and EVOO. Blended it all in a food processor until creamy, the mixed it into the Kale Leaves making sure they were all evenly coated.
I saved a few Anchovies to put into this salad for some extra bold flavor. Then added some freshly baked croutons (I chopped up a Udi’s french baguette to make these). Mixed in some Roasted Spicy Chickpeas, and topped with freshly shredded Parmesan.
You guys… I’m completely obsessed with this Kale Caesar Salad!
I hope you guys love this Kale Caesar Salad with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas as much as I did! It’s:
- and 100% Savory
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Kale Caesar Salad with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 15oz can Chickpeas (or 1.5 cup cooked Chickpeas)
- 1 Tbs EVOO
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 large Garlic Clove
- 4–6 Anchovies plus more for topping if desired
- 2 Tbs fresh Lemon Juice (approximately 1 Lemon)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 baguette (I used Udi’s gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drain and rinse Chickpeas, place over paper towels and pat dry
- Add Chickpeas, 1 Tbs EVOO, Cumin, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, 1/4 tsp Salt, and 1/4 tsp Pepper to a small bowl and mix well
- Add Chickpeas to a parchment paper lined sheet pan
- Bake 30 minutes
- While Chickpeas are roasting prepare the croutons and dressing
- Slice Baguette into 1 inch thick slices and add to sheet pan
- Bake in the same oven as the Chickpeas for 12 minutes turning half way through or until it’s hard on both sides
- Let Baguette cool then cut into bite size chunks
- In a small food processor add Garlic, Anchovies, Lemon Juice, Dijon, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Pepper, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup EVOO
- Blend until smooth, taste and add more salt or pepper if desired
- Set dressing aside
- Wash Kale and remove thick stems, cut leaves into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl
- Massage Kale for about 30 seconds to take away some of the toughness
- Add Chickpeas, Croutons, and Parmesan to Kale
- Pour dressing over everything and mix well
- Top with more Anchovies if desired
- Serve immediately