Ok you guys, it’s fall, it’s football season, and it’s time to make Nachos!!! Well truth is I don’t watch football. Ok I’ll make the nachos and you can watch football! 🙂
These Loaded Chicken Nachos can be made for an appetizer or a meal. I prefer the latter. Because I mean who doesn’t want a whole plate full of nachos loaded to the max with toppings!
So the recommended serving size is 4-6. But it really depends on how you want to serve this, as an appetizer or a meal, OR if you’re like me you may want to just scarf this whole pan of nacho goodness in one sitting. (However I don’t recommend the latter, belly ache!) I couldn’t help it, these nachos are soooo addicting! Don’t judge. 😛
These Chicken Nachos are super easy to whip up too. Just simply fry up the chicken, scallions, garlic, and seasonings in a pan.
Then layer everything on a baking sheet and throw it in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes.
Make sure and put a sheet of parchment paper down first on the baking sheet. That way clean up is a breeze… don’t you just love easy clean up after meals! 🙂
You can tweak any of these ingredients to your liking. Make it more spicy by adding some jalapeños, or top it with some homemade guacamole, or salsa.
I made mine kid friendly, so very light on the spice, since my 12 year old son would be eating this with me. So no, I did not eat the whole pan of nachos by myself…but lets just say between the 2 of us we polished it off in one night.
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂Print
Loaded Chicken Nachos
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb ground Chicken
- 1 9oz bag Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 3 Scallions chopped separate white and green parts
- 1/4 cup Medium Salsa
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen Corn
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In large frying pan over medium heat add white part of chopped scallions, garlic, and chicken.
- Sprinkle chili powder and cumin evenly over chicken.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Add salsa and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer evenly in order, chips, chicken, beans, corn, green part of scallions, juice from lime.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with tomato and cilantro.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!