There’s just something magical about the flavors of Cilantro and Lime. Normally you would find these ingredients in some sort of Mexican dish like these nachos or these burrito bowls that I made recently. Well since I’ve been on such a kick making chicken in a skillet lately, I decided to flavor it up with some Cilantro and Lime! So yummy! 🙂
The flavor of the Cilantro and Lime just soaks into the chicken and is so incredibly juicy you’ll want to drink the sauce right out of the pan…I don’t advise doing this out of a hot pan. 😛
So if you guys have been following my blog lately it might seem like I make a lot of chicken, well yes – yes I do. I love chicken, it’s so easy to cook and prepare a quick easy meal with. My son has also noticed I’ve been making a lot of chicken, because I always get that pre-teen *sigh* ‘oh we’re having chicken again’?! But after he starts eating this Cilantro Lime Chicken, he’s like eating this so fast and then wanting seconds…ha – mom wins again! 🙂
Here’s what I love about this dish:
-It’s super easy to make. You only have to use 1 skillet (make sure it’s oven proof – I recommend a cast iron skillet).
-Easy cleanup – because you only use 1 pan. Love this part!
-This is a cheap dinner to make, chicken thighs are generally low in cost and I try to get them on sale as well.
-The flavors of the Cilantro and Lime are soaked into the chicken for uber juicy flavor!
-It’s kid friendly, well at least that’s what my son says! 🙂
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂Print
Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 4 Chicken Thighs bone in skin on
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 4 clove minced Garlic
- Juice from 2 Limes
- 1 small bunch fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cooking White Wine
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- Ground Pink Himalayan Salt
- Ground Peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 9 inch cast iron skillet add Olive Oil and Chicken Thighs skin side up.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of salt, pepper, and paprika over the top of the chicken.
- Heat chicken over med-high heat on stove top for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate with paper towels to absorb grease.
- Add white wine, garlic, and shallots to pan cooking 2-3 minutes until wine reduces.
- Add vegetable broth and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add Chicken back to pan and place cilantro over the top.
- Bake in the oven uncovered 30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!