Slow Cooker Mulled Cider, ahhhh yes this is such a classic warmer-upper drink on those cool fall days. You can even add a little Rum to this if that floats your boat. I won’t judge. 🙂
Did you know today is actually National Mulled Cider Day? Yep it’s a real thang. Oh this is a strange foodie world I live in, where they have holidays to celebrate food.
I. Love. It.
I actually got inspiration for this recipe from Pinterest. I was searching fall drink recipes to make and stumbled across several Mulled Cider recipes.
So I decided to put my own spin on this drink and tweak it up just a bit.
Now the idea to stick Whole Cloves in an Orange was not my idea, there were several of posts showing this on Pinterest so I’m not sure who came up with it first. Someone very crafty I’m sure. Me, I’m not so crafty.
But what a brilliant idea this was! Sure you could wrap up your Cloves inside a tea bag, but I think the Orange trick looks cooler. 🙂
I used about 1 1/2 Tbs of Whole Cloves to put in 2 Oranges for this.
Pierce the Oranges with a toothpick creating holes. Then stick each Clove into a hole.
Fill your large Slow Cooker with 1 Gallon of Apple Cider.
Add in the 2 Oranges with the Cloves in them.
Slice up the third Orange and add it to the Slow Cooker.
Add in about 10 Cinnamon Sticks, cover and heat on low 4-8 hours.
The aroma from the Slow Cooker Mulled Cider is the perfect blend of fall. It will leave your whole house smelling amazing!
You get sort of a citrusy, cinnamon spicy aroma…ahhhh I could just smell this all day!
This makes a big batch, so it’s perfect for your next holiday party or get together.
When you fill up your mug with this Mulled Cider, you could also add in a shot of Rum or Brandy or whatever fancies you. I added a little Rum to mine and it was so delish.
Things that also go good with this Mulled Cider are:
- Wearing a robe and slippers while drinking this (unless you’re having a party, but again I won’t judge if you wear this to a party).
- Sitting on the couch with your favorite blanket and a good book.
- Sitting around by the fire with your hands wrapped around the mug keeping you warm.
- Even tailgating, yes this would be good for that too.
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, I love hearing from you all!
Cheers to fall drinks!Print
Slow Cooker Mulled Cider
Slow Cooker Mulled Cider, ahhhh yes this is such a classic warmer-upper drink on those cool fall days. You can even add a little Rum to this if that floats your boat. I won’t judge.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 gallon Apple Cider
- 3 Oranges
- 1 1/2 Tbs Whole Cloves
- 10 Cinnamon Sticks plus more for serving if desired
- Rum optional
- In large Crockpot add Apple Cider.
- Take 2 of the Oranges and poke holes in them with a toothpick.
- Put the Cloves in the holes of the Orange.
- Slice the 3rd Orange (the one that doesn’t have cloves in it) into large slices.
- Add Oranges to the Apple Cider.
- Add Cinnamon Sticks.
- Heat on low for 4-8 hours.
- Ladle Mulled Cider into each mug, serve with Cinnamon Sticks or add an ounce of Rum if desired.
- Makes about 16 cups.
Keywords: slow cooker mulled cider, mulled cider, drinks, cocktails, gluten free
Leave a Reply