This Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl is the perfect pick-me-up after a long weekend of over-indulging. It’s packed full of Vitamins, but tastes like a yummy Tropical drink.
Did anyone else over-indulge this weekend? I’m totally guilty. I spent all last week being really good with exercising and eating healthy.
Then the weekend comes along, and I don’t know what happens.
Suddenly I’m craving all things chocolate. One piece of chocolate won’t hurt right? Well if I’m having one piece of chocolate then I might as well finish the whole bag of chocolates. I think, well if I’m having some chocolate I might as well have some wine to go with it… and while I’m at it I think I’ll make a bowl of popcorn and watch some Netflix!
Ugh, yes this is my life sometimes.
Alright time for me to get back on track with this Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl!
Why a smoothie in a bowl you might ask? Well, I thought it would be fun to have my smoothie served in a bowl instead of a glass. A bowl just gives this sort of a more ‘breakfast’ feel to it.
Plus I used frozen bananas and frozen pineapple. This makes the smoothie thick and creamy, which can make it a bit hard to drink from a glass.
I tried drinking this out of a glass once and a big thick part of the smoothie came sliding down the glass and landed in a big chunk all over my chin. Has that ever happened to you? It’s quite embarrassing. Luckily Cary was at work and didn’t see this mishap. Although I’m sure it would’ve made for a good laugh!
Here’s what I like about this Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl:
- It’s super healthy, you can mix any kind of greens you like into this.
- It’s kid friendly, yep! They won’t even know there’s veggies in it!
- It tastes like a fruity tropical drink.
- It’s thick, creamy, and could almost pass for a dessert!
- It’s super easy to make, just throw everything into a blender and serve!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and other readers!
Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 frozen Bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen Pineapple
- 2 large handfuls of Baby Spinach
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for garnish
- In a blender add Coconut Milk, Bananas, Pineapple, and Spinach.
- Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Fill bowls with smoothie and top with Coconut Flakes.
If you like these recipes, subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!