These White Wine Mussels with Zucchini Noodles are so tasty, healthy, and a great gluten free alternative to regular pasta!
I don’t know about you, but I think I ate my weight in Chocolate on Valentine’s Day. 😛
Time to get back on the health kick!
I try to mix in some Low Carb meals to kind of balance things out. One of my favorite swaps is using Zucchini noodles in place of pasta. They are so tasty, and I don’t feel all heavy and bloated like I would after eating pasta.
One of my favorite easy and cheap meals to make is White Wine Mussels with pasta. So I thought hey, why not use Zucchini noodles instead!
Depending on what type of spiralizer you have, you’ll want to use the smallest blade setting. I use and love the Inspiralized one, so I used Blade D for this recipe.
The key to making good Zucchini noodles is not sautéing them for too long, otherwise they tend to get soggy. I usually sauté them 1-2 minutes, because I like them to be just a little bit crunchy. Once you add the Mussels and the White Wine Sauce to them, they will get more noodle like in texture.
I hope you guys love this meal as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Low Carb
- and Super Tasty
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
White Wine Mussels with Zucchini Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten Free
- 2 lbs Live Black Mussels
- 5 cloves minced Garlic
- 3 Tbs Fresh Thyme
- 1 1/2 cups Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Pepper
- 4 medium Zucchini spiralized into thin pasta-like noodles
- Rinse and scrub the Mussels under cold water, using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard.
- In a large pot add Garlic, Thyme, Wine, Broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add Mussels and cover cooking until Mussels have opened (about 5 minutes).
- While Mussels are cooking start the Zucchini noodles.
- In a large frying pan add EVOO and heat over med/high heat.
- When oil is warm add Zucchini noodles and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Toss with a tongs for 1-2 minutes (careful not to overcook or they will get watery and mushy).
- Divide Zucchini noodles into serving bowls.
- Top with Mussels.
- Spoon desired amount of White Wine sauce over each bowl.
- Serve immediately.