I’m trying out a new recipe, Tuna Steaks using some Zesty Lemon Pepper seasoning that I picked up in Nassau!
This last winter I visited the Bahamas (that was one of the stops on our Holiday cruise).
At the cruise port in Nassau, there’s a little market area with a few shops that sell anything from straw hats to spices.
The one thing I love about traveling to the Caribbean Islands, is picking up some wonderful spices there.
In some countries you can negotiate the price. Basically if there’s not a price listed on the item, then you can barter. And if you’re not happy with the price they offer, walk away because the next place down will probably go lower. I’d love to hear comments of how to barter better because I stink at it, haha! 😛
Every time I barter in a new country, I think I’m getting the deal of a lifetime. And then… I see the same item a bit further down from where I’m shopping and they offer it at a lower price. *sigh*
In the Bahamas everything is labeled with a price, I’ve never tried bartering here…has anyone else?
So anyway, while I was there I picked up some Zesty Lemon Pepper seasoning. This stuff is amazing! You can use it on any kind of seafood, chicken, or even tofu as the label states! I haven’t tried it on tofu, but I’m up for the challenge!
Now you don’t need to go to the Caribbean to get this spice, you can find Zesty Lemon Pepper seasoning in most grocery stores. 🙂
Here’s what I love about these Zesty Lemon Pepper Tuna Steaks:
- This is one of the easiest dinners I’ve ever made
- Total cooking time is under 10 minutes
- Only one seasoning is required for this
- It tastes like something fancy you would order at a restaurant
- Makes a great ‘date night’ at home meal
- It’s healthy and Low Carb
If you try this and love this as much as I do, show some love and leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂
And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
Zesty Lemon Pepper Tuna Steaks
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 2 frozen Tuna Steaks
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 Tbs Lemon Pepper seasoning, I used a Zesty kind to spice it up a bit
- Thaw frozen tuna steaks as directed on package.
- Preheat large frying pan to med-high heat.
- Add Olive Oil to pan.
- Rub Zesty Lemon Pepper seasoning well over both sides of tuna steaks.
- Add steaks to frying pan and cook 2-4 minutes on each side.
- minutes will be more rare, and 4 minutes will be well done, depends on how you like it.