Easy Chipotle Chicken marinated with simple fresh ingredients. This is perfect for grilling, the Chicken stays so tender, juicy, and is loaded with flavor!
It’s perfect to eat as is, or add it to your favorite Mexican dish!
Ok I know technically it’s still winter, but who says you can’t grill in the winter time? Of course living in Florida helps.
But I have many fond memories of grilling outside in the winter when I lived in Minnesota. Yep, I’d be the crazy neighbor outside shoveling the piles of snow away from my grill, so I could cook up dinner on it!
I have also grilled inside as well using a Cast Iron Grill Pan on the stove top. I’ve found this works just as well, especially when the weather doesn’t cooperate with my grill time.
I created a super simple marinade for this Chicken.
I think homemade marinades are just so much better than store bought ones, because you know all of the ingredients that are going into it will be fresh.
Have you ever looked at some of the ingredients in a store bought marinade? Yikes! I have a rule, if I can’t pronounce an ingredient on a package, I don’t buy it. Plus the sodium levels on those are usually through the roof!
And I think making my own marinade is much more fun. I can create any flavor I want, and it’s more cost effective. 🙂
To make the marinade I whisked together the juice from fresh Limes, EVOO, Chipotle Chili Powder, Chili Powder, Paprika, Cumin, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, and Pepper.
Add the Chicken to a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the Chicken coating all sides. Seal it up and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours. Now I suggest letting it marinade longer than 30 minutes to get more flavor from this. But if you’re in a pinch for time 30 minutes will work.
Throw it on the grill and serve it up with some Rice and Beans! I’m thinking this would also be good on burrito bowls, tacos, or even nachos!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (about 2 pieces)
- For the marinade:
- ¼ cup fresh Lime Juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp ground Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp ground Black Pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade together.
- Place Chicken in a large ziplock bag.
- Pour marinade over Chicken coating both sides well and seal bag.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- The longer it marinates, the more flavorful it will be.
- Heat grill or grill pan on stovetop over med-high heat.
- Add Chicken to hot grill.
- Cook 7 minutes each side.
- Remove Chicken from heat, add to a plate and cover with aluminum foil for an additional 10 minutes. This allows the Chicken to continue cooking without burning the outside of the Chicken.
- Chicken is fully cooked when the internal temp is 165F.
Disclaimer: there are Amazon affiliate links in this post.