This Broccoli Gorgonzola Risotto is so creamy, savory, and luscious! Once you take your first bite you will not want to put your fork down!
Risotto used to be very intimidating for me to make, but once I learned how easy it was, I now make it all of the time!
I love making Risotto because it’s so versatile. You can make so many different varieties like Apple Bacon and Gorgonzola Risotto, Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto, Fennel Mushrooms Lemon and Mint Risotto, and Brown Butter Scallops with Parmesan Risotto.
Today I decided to mix in Broccoli and Gorgonzola to my Risotto and Wowza! The combination of flavors totally awakens the palate!
This Risotto is so creamy and the Gorgonzola Cheese mixed in with the Broccoli gives it just the right bite!
It’s such an elegant dish that doesn’t cost a whole lot of money to make, and is easy to make. I would say it’s perfect for a date night in!
We like to eat this as our main meal, however it also works great as a side dish served along side a juicy steak!
Oh and it pairs well with a nice dry Rose’. 🙂
I hope you guys love this Broccoli Gorgonzola Risotto as much as we did! It’s:
- and 100% Delizioso!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up.
More Risotto Recipes:
- Lemon Asparagus Risotto
- Porcini Risotto with Truffle Oil
- Easy Shrimp Risotto with Peas
- Apple Bacon and Gorgonzola Risotto
- Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto
- Fennel Mushrooms Lemon and Mint Risotto
- Brown Butter Scallops with Parmesan Risotto
Broccoli Gorgonzola Risotto
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- 2 Tbs finely chopped Shallots
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 1/2 cup Dry White Cooking Wine
- 2 cups heated Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 head Broccoli, stems removed and florets chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 Tbs Gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 Tbs softened grass fed Butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat EVOO in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- When oil gets warm, add shallots and saute until golden color (approximately 2 minutes)
- Add Rice and stir for 1-2 minutes until toasted
- Add White Wine and cook until Wine is reduced or evaporated
- Add in 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock and stir (it’s important to keep stirring – see notes below)
- When Vegetable Stock starts to get evaporated (after about 5 minutes), add another 1/2 cup of Vegetable Stock
- Add in Salt to Rice and stir
- Add 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock approximately every 5 minutes, stirring constantly (total cook time for the risotto is about 20 minutes)
- Half way through cooking (approximately 10 minutes) add in the Broccoli florets
- Taste and add more Salt if needed
- Taste the rice and when you are 1 minute before reaching the right bite “al dente” (meaning rice should be tender but still firm to the bite), add Butter, Gorgonzola, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Turn off heat and stir quickly until creamy in texture.
- Make sure your Vegetable Stock stays hot. It’s important to add a little bit of the hot Vegetable Stock at a time so the rice is cooked slowly and the stock gets absorbed. This method releases the rice’s starches, producing a velvety, creamy dish.
- It’s very important to keep stirring the Risotto as it’s cooking, especially as the stock gets absorbed, to prevent scorching.
- If you run out of Vegetable Stock and you find this is too dry at the end, you can add in a little hot water as a substitute.