Guess what day it is?! Before you picture a Camel saying this because it’s Wednesday, think again. 😛 It’s Sunday!!! My day to make a big breakfast, and be super lazy the rest of the day. I love Sundays! 🙂
So I’m always trying to come up with different ways to make eggs, because frankly I get sick of eating them the same way all the time. So today I made them a little different.
This Denver Omelet Casserole brings me back to my high school days, where my first summer job was a short-order cook/helper at a local diner. I didn’t get to do a ton of cooking, mostly just prep work for the chef. I remember once a week it was my job to do all of the chopping of onions and green peppers which would be used for their Denver Omelet special on the menu. I chopped onion after onion, and wept (because of the onions). Actually I really liked doing this, it made me feel like ‘wow I can really cook!’ Even if it was just prep work. 🙂 And I always got a free meal while working there, so hey it wasn’t all that bad.
So getting back to this recipe, I was craving a Denver Omelet, but wanted to make it more simple. This is where the Casserole part comes in…because we Minnesotans love our Casseroles! (Even though I’m living in Florida and it’s 80 degrees out). I’m turning the oven on for this deliciousness. 🙂
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see! Cheers!Print
Denver Omelet Casserole
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Breakfast, American
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked Ham
- 1/2 cup chopped Sweet Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onion, for garnish
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray 2 QT casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Heat large saute pan over med-high heat and add coconut oil, sweet onion, and green pepper.
- Saute until slightly soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- In large bowl add eggs and whisk.
- Add coconut milk, cheese, ham, sweet onion, green pepper, salt, and pepper, to eggs, Mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!