Who’s ready for Cinco De Mayo?! This Fiesta Avocado Salsa is the perfect party appetizer for the upcoming holiday!
I mean what’s not to love? This salsa has it all, chopped fresh Peppers, Onion, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Avocado, Lime Juice, and a little Habanero for some kick!
When I lived in Minnesota I had a garden in which I would grow all of these ingredients (well except the Avocado). During the summer months I made many batches of this salsa. We practically lived on it! Chips and Salsa for dinner? Yessss! 🙂
The best part about this salsa, is that you can tweak it to your liking. If you want it spicier, add more Habanero! You could also add corn or black beans, really the possibilities are endless.
I personally like a ‘medium’ spicy salsa, so I only added one Habanero to this. With the combination of the Lime Juice and the Avocado, it makes this salsa a perfect happy ‘medium’ in spiciness.
You can make this salsa up to a day ahead of time. However do not add the Avocado until you’re ready to serve it. Otherwise the Avocado will turn brown. It’s still edible of course, it just doesn’t look as pretty.
This salsa will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. That is if it’ll last that long…Mine never makes it to the fridge, it’s usually gone within a few hours after making this!
If you try this and love this as much as I do, show some love and leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂
And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- 2 Avocados
- 1 large lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup orange pepper chopped
- 1 habanero pepper chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- You can make this salsa a day ahead of time, however don't cut the avocados or add them to the salsa until just before serving or they will turn slightly brown and be mushy. This will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, it just won't be as pretty:)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients (except avocado)
- Squeeze the juice from the lime on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You can make this as hot or as mild as you want. For a more mild salsa leave out the habanero.
- Up to an hour before serving slice the avocados in half.
- Remove the pits and scoop out the insides.
- Chop the avocado as thick as you like and add to the salsa.