This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #Chardonnation #NotableHoliday #CollectiveBias
Who’s ready for Holiday Entertaining?!
If the thought of hosting a holiday party freaks you out a little bit, have no worries… I’m going to show you how to make some easy-peasy appetizers to pair along with wine for your next get together! (Insert clapping Emojis here) 🙂
I’m a food blogger.
I am a lover of food.
Haha… ok you get the idea.
But not only do I love food, I’m also a huge lover of wine.
Lover of wine?
Food and Wine just goes so good together, don’t you think?! 🙂
I decided to prepare two appetizers to be paired with two different types of Chardonnay, each with their own unique taste.
Notable is the 1st wine that highlights the flavor profiles on the front of the bottle. This totally makes the wine aisle a less confusing place. All you have to do is follow the flavor notes!
One Chardonnay has a more Oaky and Buttery flavor, while the other is more Fruity and Crisp.
To start, I created a super simple appetizer to go with the Oaky and Buttery Chardonnay.
Cucumber Dill Smoked Salmon Bites.
Sliced Cucumbers topped with Smoked Salmon, Mozzarella, and a sprig of fresh Dill Weed. Yum!
Next I made Prosciutto Wrapped Figs.
Take one thin strip of Prosciutto, add a Fig, a piece of Gorgonzola Cheese, wrap it up, and broil for 2 minutes (flipping them over half way through).
The fruitiness of the Figs, along with the sharp flavor of the Gorgonzola, and bit of saltiness of the Prosciutto pair perfectly with the Fruity and Crisp Chardonnay.
Every bite and every sip was like a taste explosion in my mouth!
I hope this helps you with your holiday entertaining this year!
If you try these recipes let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Cucumber Dill Smoked Salmon Bites
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Seafood
- 1 English Cucumber
- 6 oz package thinly sliced Smoked Salmon
- 12 small Mozzarella Balls
- Handful of fresh Dill Weed
- Wash and slice Cucumber into12 slices (each one about 1/2 inch thick).
- Divide Salmon into 12 smaller slices and place on top of Cucumber.
- Top Salmon with Mozzarella.
- Place a small amount of Dill Weed on top of Mozzarella.
- Place appetizers on a platter and serve immediately.
Prosciutto Wrapped Figs
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 12 thin slices Prosciutto
- 12 Turkish Figs (or black figs)
- .28 oz Gorgonzola Cheese cut into 12 small cubes (you can substitute with blue cheese)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Add 1 Fig, and 1 piece of Cheese to each slice of Prosciutto.
- Roll up Prosciutto keeping Fig and Cheese stuffed inside.
- Repeat with each one.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil on high in top rack of oven for 1 minute.
- Turn each one over and broil for 1 more minute.
- Remove from oven and place a toothpick in each Prosciutto wrap.
- Place on a platter and serve immediately.