I originally was going to use Halibut for this recipe, but Mahi Mahi was on sale! Ok Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi it is! 🙂 So I have a new love, Macadamia nuts! I bought a bag a few weeks ago for the first time just to try something new for a snack, and instant Yum! These nuts have a sweet nutty flavor, so I thought it would be really good as a crust for fish. And yes, this is a winner!
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
If you like this video Please Subscribe to my YouTube Chanel, that way you get updated when I add a new video recipe. Currently I’m doing about 1 video recipe a week.
Ok back to the recipe…
The easiest way to chop these Macadamia nuts is with a Food Processor. It literally took 5 seconds to get these chopped into a bread crumb consistency.
I mixed the ground Macadamia nuts with some gluten free Panko. Then I like to create a little assembly line with the fish, egg mixture, and Macadamia/Panko mixture.
Have this all ready to go when you are heating your skillet up on the stove.
Once the oil in the skillet is hot, dip the fish into the egg mixture and coat both sides well.
Then transfer the fish to the Macadamia/Panko mixture and coat both sides well.
Add the fish to the hot oil and cook each side for 3 minutes.
Use a skillet you can also use in the oven for this. I used a cast iron skillet, this works the best. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake 10 minutes or until fish is firm and flaky.
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see! Cheers
*Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
- 2 6oz Mahi Mahi fillets
- ¼ cup Macadamia Nuts finely chopped
- ¼ cup gluten free Panko
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbs Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In food processor chop Macadamia nuts until it's the consistency of bread crumbs
- Mix together Macadamia nuts, panko and place on a large plate
- In small bowl whisk egg and milk
- Salt and Pepper both sides of the Mahi Mahi
- Fill the bottom of a cast iron skillet with Olive Oil and place on stovetop over med-high heat
- Once Oil is hot, dip Mahi Mahi in egg mixture and coat both sides
- Add fish to panko nut mix and coat both sides well
- Add fish to hot oil in skillet
- Cook 3 minutes on each side
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until firm
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!