These Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos are a crowd favorite! They are Vegan, Gluten free, and so delicious!
I love Taco Tuesday. That seems to be a thing in our house lately, so I’m always trying to come up with different ways to eat tacos.
Today I made a vegan version ~ Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos! This is super yummy and trust me you don’t even miss the meat. These tacos are so delicious, healthy, and filling!
First I just want to say, don’t be scared off by the amount of ingredients in this. This is SUPER easy to make!
The whole recipe from start to finish takes about 30 minutes. 20 minutes of cooking time is for cooking the Quinoa. So if you wanted to save time, you could make the Quinoa the day before and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
I started making my own version of taco seasonings. I found that the tacos taste so much better, and actually I’m saving a little money too. If you buy your seasonings in bulk they can go a long way and will save you money in the end. 🙂
In a large frying pan I just added some Olive Oil and Sweet Onion, sautéing for around 5-10 minutes until the onions are softened.
Then I add the cooked Quinoa to the pan along with the Black Beans, Tomatoes, Corn, water, and Spices.
This cooks for about 10 minutes.
I add the Cilantro at the very end by stirring it in. Remove from heat and serve on fresh Corn Tortillas to keep it Gluten Free. Or you could always make a healthy taco salad. Just add this taco mix over a bed of salad greens.
Just add your favorite toppings and done! See…EASY! 🙂
This recipe will make a big batch of tacos, so it’s perfect if your’re feeding a crowd. Or if you’re like me and have teenage boys, then this recipe is perfect to feed their constantly hungry bellies.
You can also freeze this if you can’t eat all of the left overs. It’ll keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Here’s what I love about these Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos.
- They are so easy to make, total cooking time is around 30 minutes
- The flavor of these tacos is so unique and delicious
- You can make this spicier if you like, just bump up the Chili Powder or add some Cayenne Pepper
- It’s totally Vegan, even if you’re a meat lover, you will love these
- These are super healthy tacos, around 138 calories per serving (not including the tortillas)
- They are kid friendly!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and my readers!
Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican, vegetarian
- 1 cup uncooked red Quinoa
- 3 cups Water divided
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 Sweet Onion diced
- 1 13.4oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5oz can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen Corn
- 3 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbs Cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground Sea Salt
- 1 tsp ground Peppercorn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- Use Corn Tortillas if you want to keep it Gluten Free
- For garnish:
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- Sour cream
- In medium saucepan add 1 cup Quinoa and 2 cups water.
- Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat to low for 20 minutes.
- In large frying pan add Olive Oil and Onion, cook over medium heat until onions are softened (about 5-10 minutes).
- When Quinoa is done, add it to the frying pan with the onion.
- Add in Black Beans, Tomatoes, Corn, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Cumin, Sea Salt, Pepper, and 1 cup water.
- Heat over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in Cilantro at the very end and mix well.
- Serve over Corn Tortillas or Salad Greens if you prefer.
- Top with juice from lime, avocado, salsa, cheese, or sour cream.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!