Ok guys, are you ready for a super easy dinner?! 🙂 This Skillet Parmesan Chicken can be made under 15 minutes! (insert lots of clapping and me doing the happy dance) 😛
Make sure you have a skillet that can be used in the oven. I’ve been experimenting more and more using my cast iron skillet. I absolutely love it!
When I went Gluten Free almost 2 years ago, I thought my days of using breadcrumbs to coat chicken or fish were over. So I was at my local grocery store the other day and I came across some Italian breadcrumbs that were Gluten Free! These have probably been around for a while and you guys probably are already aware that stores sell these. Honestly I have never really bothered looking at the breadcrumb section of the store because I figured since I went Gluten Free why bother looking. Ugh! Silly me. Ok lesson learned. 🙂
So now I’m utterly happy I can make lots of things with Gluten Free breadcrumbs!
I had never made Parmesan Chicken before. I’ve only ordered it in restaurants. So this was a fun little cooking experiment for me. 🙂
This recipe was super easy to make. I already had a jar of Marinara Sauce in my fridge, so I just added it to a pot and heated it up on the stove top while the chicken was cooking.
Oh and I also discovered another new item at the grocery store…Quinoa spaghetti noodles. My grocery trip was full of new finds, I love it! You guys are probably laughing right now, because once again you probably knew Quinoa noodles existed. 😛
The noodles took the same amount of time to cook as the chicken, so super easy to whip everything up for a quick dinner!
Give this a try and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! And don’t forget if you make this, take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
Skillet Parmesan Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 small boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup gluten free Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- I was able to find chicken breast cutlets at my grocery store that were already about 1/2 inch thick.
- If you can’t find those, then wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and pound flat about 1/2 inch thick.
- In small bowl whisk egg.
- On a large plate mix breadcrumbs, seasoning, and parmesan.
- In your skillet (make sure it’s oven proof) add olive oil and heat.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and coat both sides.
- Add the chicken to the breadcrumb mix and coat both sides well.
- Add chicken to skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to absorb oil.
- Remove oil from skillet.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup of Marinara sauce over each chicken breast.
- Top with Mozzarella.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve over noodles (I used Quinoa spaghetti noodles) and remaining Marinara sauce.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!