This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MazolaHeartHealth #CollectiveBias This Vegetarian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai is hearty, light and can be made in under 30 minutes! I swapped out traditional noodles with Zucchini Noodles and used Mazola® Corn Oil to make this better for you. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
I was inspired to make this recipe because February is Heart Health Month. I’ve been trying to incorporate better-for-you recipes like this into my dinner routine.
I’ve been swapping out my recipes that use noodles and replacing them with spiralized veggies instead to lighten them up.
I’ve also swapped out olive oil with Mazola Corn Oil since it is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.
I like it because it has a variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
Mazola Corn Oil also has a high smoke point of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which is perfect for making this recipe since everything is sautéed over a high heat.
A lot of home cooks don’t realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point, and if you exceed that it can affect the way your food tastes as well as the nutritional value.
But hey, maybe you already knew this! 🙂 Alright now let’s get into the making of this recipe!
This Vegetarian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai cooks fast, so make sure you have all of your veggies prepped before you start cooking!
In a small sauce pan add fish sauce, sugar, and chili sauce.
Place the sauce pan on stove and heat over low setting, let it sit on warm stirring occasionally until ready to use.
Heat a large wok over med-high heat with 2 Tbs Mazola Corn Oil. When oil starts to shimmer add Garlic, Shallots, Green Onions and sauté 2-3 minutes.
Add in Cabbage, Carrots, Red Pepper, Zucchini noodles and sauté 2-3 minutes until everything is slightly softened (don’t over cook or they will get soggy).
Add in the sauce that was set aside previously and sauté 1-2 minutes.
Stir in cilantro and lime juice, remove from heat.
Top with cashews and proceed to chow down on this deliciousness!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Vegetarian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
This Vegetarian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai is hearty, healthy, and can be made in under 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Thai
- 3 Tbs Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbs Truvia Sugar (if using regular sugar you will need to double this)
- 2 Tbs Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbs Mazola Corn Oil
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced thin
- 6 medium Zucchini spiralized into noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go, once you have everything prepped it cooks fast
- In a small sauce pan add Fish Sauce, Sugar, and Chili Sauce
- Place sauce pan on stove and heat over low setting, let it sit on warm stirring occasionally until ready to use
- Heat a large wok over med-high heat with 2 Tbs Mazola Corn Oil
- When oil starts to shimmer add Garlic, Shallots, and Green Onions
- Sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add in Cabbage, Carrots, Red Pepper, and Zucchini noodles
- Sauté 2-3 minutes until everything is slightly softened (don’t over cook or they will get soggy)
- Add in the sauce that was set aside previously
- Sauté 1-2 minutes
- Stir in Cilantro and Lime Juice, remove from heat
- Top with Cashews and serve immediately
Keywords: Vegetarian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai, vegetarian, pad thai, zucchini noodle pad thai, gluten free
Check out Mazola for more delicious recipe ideas.