This Butternut Squash Pizza with Kale Sage and Pomegranate is so cheesy, savory, and 100% Delicious!
Now I know some of you may be thinking, hmmm a Butternut Squash Sauce used as a pizza sauce? Yes!!
If you’ve been following the blog then you may remember awhile back I had posted a recipe for a homemade Butternut Squash and Sage Pasta Sauce.
I had used the pasta sauce for a Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Fried Sage which was super good. But I still had some sauce left over so I did a little experiment which is how this new pizza creation came to be!
The sweetness of Fontina Cheese mixed with Butternut Squash Sauce, and mix of Kale and Sage go perfectly together. Topped with Pomegranate Arils, makes for a crispy, sweet tasting pizza!
I hope you guys love this Butternut Squash Pizza with Kale Sage and Pomegranate as much as I did! It’s:
- and Super Tasty
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Butternut Squash Pizza with Kale Sage and Pomegranate
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 1 9 inch Pizza Crust (I used Schar gluten free brand)
- 1/2 cup Butternut Squash Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Fontina Cheese
- 2 large Green Kale Leaves thick stems removed and leaves chopped into bite size pieces
- 8 Sage Leaves
- 2 oz fresh Mozzarella torn or cut into chunks
- Spoonful of Pomegranate Arils
- Depending on what type of pizza crust will depend on cooking time. I used Schar gluten free brand, so cook time and instructions are based on that.
- Spread Pizza Crust with Butternut Squash Sauce
- Add Fontina Cheese
- Layer Kale, Sage, and Mozzarella on top
- Cook as directed
- Once cooked spoon Pomegranate Arils over Pizza
- Serve immediately
Leave a Reply