I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.These Collard Green Sushi Rolls with Spicy Tuna are so scrumptious! Plus they are kid friendly, me and my son had so much fun making these!
I love Sushi. I gotta admit I was a bit skeptical about using canned Tuna to make Sushi Rolls.
But after opening up a can of this Solid White Albacore Tuna by Wild Selections, I knew right away this would make the perfect Tuna Sushi Roll. The quality and taste of this Tuna is so incredibly yummy! Plus all of their tuna is Non-GMO Project Verified.
Wild Selections is the only full line of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood. The blue MSC eco-label tells you the fish in your can comes from well managed fisheries and healthy fish stocks. Where the fish is caught is much more critical than how it was caught (limited impact if the fish stock is overfished)
I also think it’s totally awesome how Wild Selections gives back to the oceans by donating 13 cents from every can sold—a total of $1 million by 2018—to World Wildlife Fund marine conservation and fishery improvement projects. Wild Selections is the only brand to “pay it forward” and act on its belief to take care of the oceans for the future, not just fishing sustainably in the present.
How cool is that?!
And with Earth Day coming up, this recipe is a great way to celebrate and give back to the environment! 🙂
There is a little prep work to make this, but once that’s done it’s really pretty simple to make.
You can actually blanch your Collard Greens, make the Rice, and chop your veggies a day before to save time.
Once you have everything prepped, make a little assembly line with all the ingredients.
I start by adding the Sushi Rice to the middle of each Collard Green. You can use regular Rice, but it won’t be as sticky. I prefer Sushi Rice because of the sticky texture and the flavor. Plus it stays intact better within the roll.
Then add a layer of Tuna.
Next add the Cucumber, Carrots, and Avocado.
Note: Don’t over fill or it’ll be hard to roll up.
Roll each leaf up tightly and slice into 1 inch size pieces.
Making the Spicy Mayo is super easy, again you can make this a day ahead of time.
Just add Mayo and Siracha to a small bowl and mix together.
Note: You can make this a little or as spicy as you want. Just add less or more Siracha to your liking.
Add it to a small ziplock bag and cut a small slit in the bottom corner of the bag (makes it like a pastry bag).
Drizzle Spicy Mayo over the Tuna Rolls and serve!
Yum, Yum, Yum!
Me and Gavin (my 14 year old) gobbled these up! He loved them so much that he asks me to make these weekly for him now. 🙂
We will definitely be making more of these on Earth Day.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.Print
Collard Green Sushi Rolls With Spicy Tuna
These Collard Green Sushi Rolls with Spicy Tuna are so scrumptious! Plus they are kid friendly, me and my son had so much fun making these!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8–10 1x
- Category: Sushi
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten Free
- 1 cup dry Sushi Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 10 Collard Green Leaves, 5 cups of water, and ice cubes for blanching
- 2 5oz cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 Cucumber sliced into match stick size pieces
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbs Siracha
- Rinse Sushi Rice in cold water for about a minute, drain.
- Add Sushi Rice and Water to a medium pot, bring to a boil, cover, and turn heat to low cooking for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl add Rice Vinegar, Sugar, and Sea Salt.
- Microwave for 30 seconds until Sugar dissolves, pour over cooked Rice and stir in.
- Let Rice cool.
- To blanch the Collard Greens, bring 5 cups of water to a simmer in a large pot.
- Cut the thick stems off of the base of the leaves. Use a small knife to trim down the spine in the middle of the leaf. Cut it so the spine is as thin as can be with the leaf.
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water and set aside.
- Add the Collard Greens to the simmering water and submerge for 60 seconds.
- Remove Collard Greens and add them to the ice bath, submerge in the ice water for 10 seconds.
- Remove and place on paper towels to dry.
- Spread a spoonful or two of Rice on the inside of each Collard Green keeping it in the middle along the stem line.
- Add a layer of Tuna, Carrots, Cucumber, and Avocado on top of the Rice. Be careful not to overfill or it’ll be hard to roll up.
- Roll each leaf up and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl add Mayo and Siracha, mix well. Drizzle over sushi rolls.
Keywords: collard green sushi rolls with spicy tuna, collard green sushi rolls, sushi, tuna sushi, gluten free