These Baked Tofu Sushi Bowls with Spicy Mayo are super easy to make and are loaded with flavor! You may never want to order take-out again!
I must admit, I was never a big Tofu fan until a few years ago. Actually my sister-in-law is the one that got me hooked on it. She’s Japanese and an amazing cook.
One day I was visiting them and she whipped up a wonderful Asian vegetarian dish with Tofu that was incredibly flavorful.
The Tofu I had in the past I thought to be very bland. So I asked her how she made it so flavorful. She told me it’s all about the marinade. Ahhhh why didn’t I think of that before? I had never thought of marinating Tofu… I guess I’m a little slow to the party. 🙂
So for this recipe I used a simple marinade with Sesame Oil, Tamari, and Ginger. You only need to marinade this for about 10 minutes, don’t go any longer or it can tend to get mushy.
Then bake the Tofu for 40 minutes at 400 degrees turning half way through. (Full recipe below)
After I let these cool for a bit I taste tested one. OMG I was hooked! These were crispy little bites of heaven! I seriously could have just ate the Tofu bites by themselves.
But I already had the bowls put together with Sushi Rice, Avocado, Carrots, Red Cabbage, and Cucumber. So I just added the Tofu to my bowls and topped it with Spicy Mayo. Yum Yum Yum!
I hope you guys love these Baked Tofu Sushi Bowls with Spicy Mayo as much as we did! They’re:
- Simple to make
- and Oh So SAVORY
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Baked Tofu Sushi Bowls with Spicy Mayo
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Japanese, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 8 oz Extra Firm Tofu pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbs Grated Ginger
- 1 cup dry Sushi Rice
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Avocados pitted, skin remove, and sliced
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Cucumber cut into thin pieces
- 2 Tbs Mayo
- 1 Tbs Chili Garlic Sauce
- Cook Sushi Rice as directed on package
- Once cooked mix in 2 tsp Rice Vinegar, let rice cool
- In a shallow dish mix together Tamari, Sesame Oil, and Ginger
- Add Tofu to the mixture and marinade for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place Tofu in 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake 40 minutes turning half way through
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Add even amounts of Rice, Avocado, Carrots, Cabbage, Cucumber, and Tofu to each bowl
- In a small bowl mix Mayo and Chili Garlic Sauce, taste, if you like it spicier add more Chili Sauce. If it’s too spicy add more Mayo etc.
- Drizzle Spicy Mayo over each bowl