These Collard Green Veggie Wraps are great for putting together lunch Meal Preps for the week. These are so delicious, healthy, and low carb!
I’ve been trying to plan ahead and do more meal prepping lately.
Sometimes I just feel like I can’t seem to get enough done during the week. There are days that go by so fast, sometimes I forget to eat lunch, or worse yet I just don’t have time to make lunch. For me being a total lover of food, skipping a meal is bad, very bad.
So on Sundays now I have been preparing lunches for the week, that way I have no excuse to skip a meal.
There is a little prep work to make these Collard Green Veggie Wraps, I call it a labor of love. <3
Once you have the Collard Greens blanched and the veggies chopped it’s really pretty easy to throw these together.
I was actually inspired to make these, because one day while I was on the go I stopped at my favorite health foods store to grab a few things and then grab a quick bite from their deli. They had some pre made Collard Green Veggie wraps similar to this that I purchased. They were totally delicious, but I paid over $10 for one wrap cut in half! Yikes! I was like, ok I can totally make these at home and save some $$.
For each Collard Green I added some Spicy Hummus as a base.
Add Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cucumber, and Avocado evenly to each leaf. Don’t overfill or it’ll be hard to roll up.
Roll up each leaf like a burrito and slice in half.
Add them to individual lunch containers along with some Carrot Sticks and store them in the fridge for easy to grab lunches on the go!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
- 6 large Collard Green leaves
- 2 dozen Ice Cubes
- 5 cups Water
- 1 cup Spicy Hummus
- 1 cup Sprouts
- 1 cup shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 Cucumber sliced into thin strips
- 1 Avocado pitted, skin removed, and sliced
- Carrot sticks to eat on the side with this
- Wash Collard Greens and cut of thick stem at the base.
- Use a small knife to trim the thick spine down the middle of the leaf. Cut is so the spine is as flat as can be with the leaf.
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- While you're waiting for the water to simmer, fill a large bowl with Ice and fill the bowl with water. Set aside.
- Add 1 Collard leaf at a time to the simmering water, holding the leaf down gently with a tongs so that leaf is totally submerged in water.
- Simmer for 30 seconds.
- Remove leaf and immediately place in bowl of ice water.
- Submerge leaf for 10 seconds in ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Remove and place on paper towels to dry.
- Continue process for each leaf.
- Spread Hummus on inside of Collard Greens.
- Add Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cucumber, and Avocado evenly to each leaf.
- Roll each leaf up like a burrito and slice in half.
- Serve with Carrot sticks.