These Cranberry Cornbread Muffins are so light and fluffy with a hint of sweetness. This version is Gluten Free and soooo delicious!
To be perfectly honest I never really ate much Cornbread until I moved to Florida over 2 years ago.
I guess with my northern roots, Cornbread was never a big staple in our household growing up.
But since moving to the south, I learned that this sweet delicious bread is served at almost every meal. The only issue for me was that most Cornbread served was not Gluten Free.
So I was bound and determined to make this yummy treat Gluten Free, that way I could enjoy this with my favorite southern meals.
I decided to do something fun and make this batch of Cornbread Muffins a little more festive for the upcoming holidays, so I added dried Cranberries to them.
I absolutely love the Cranberry addition. It gives the sweet Cornbread a slightly tart taste.
And this goes really good with a traditional Thanksgiving meal served with Turkey. I made this batch of Muffins with my Slow Cooker Turkey with White Wine Gravy from awhile back.
As I was eating this meal, I mixed in bites of these sweet Cranberry Cornbread Muffins along with the Turkey and Gravy… OMG I was in foodie heaven! What is it that makes Cranberries and Turkey taste so good together?
These also make a quick yummy breakfast on the go.
Since it was just me and Gavin eating these we had plenty leftover, so we heated a few up for breakfast each day.
Sorry if my post was a little shorter than normal today. I’m actually on vacation! We’re out in LA getting ready to do a whirl-wind tour of all the attractions around here.
I’m super excited for this because coming out to LA has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. Seeing the Hollywood sign, the Stars, etc. I can’t wait!
I’ll be sharing my adventures on Instagram Live Feed, so feel free to follow along on the adventure!
Cranberry Cornbread Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 3 Tbs melted Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbs Truvia Sugar, if using regular sugar double it
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Stone Ground Cornmeal
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend, I used Bob’s Redmill 1:1 Gf baking flour
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl add in Coconut Oil, Applesauce, Honey, Egg, Sugar, and whisk together until smooth.
- Add Salt, Baking Soda and stir.
- Add Coconut Milk and stir.
- Add Cornmeal and Flour, stir until combined.
- Add in 3/4 cup of Cranberries, stir until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tin cups.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/4 cup of Cranberries.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.