Meatless Monday is really starting to become a thing in my house. I started doing this about a year ago and I’m totally digging it! It’s a fun way to explore new dinner ideas that taste just as good and are healthy without the meat. A lot of times I use Quinoa to replace the meat in a dish. Quinoa is a super food that has so many health benefits. Ok, lets get into how to make this Easy Quinoa Enchilada Casserole!
Besides loving Meatless Monday, I love love love Mexican food! Lately I feel like I’ve been eating Mexican food like twice a week, usually it’s just whipping up some tacos for a quick weeknight dinner.
I really wanted to try something new to satisfy my Mexican craving and to break away from the weekly taco routine. But I also wanted something that was easy to make.
This casserole comes together in about 35 minutes, which makes it perfect during a busy work week. Which lately has been super busy for me. Ever since school started I feel like I’m constantly on the go, with balancing work, carpooling for school, afternoon school activities for my son, and trying to squeeze in a Yoga class for me here and there.
I start by cooking the Quinoa which takes about 20 minutes. I used Red Quinoa for this dish to give it more color. You can use any color Quinoa.
While the Quinoa is cooking I start prepping the other ingredients to save time. Multi-tasking! 🙂
Then in a large bowl I add the green chilis, corn, beans, green onions, cilantro, enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Next I add the cooked Quinoa to the bowl and mix well.
In 2 Qt casserole dish spray bottom and sides with non stick cooking spray.
Add mixture from bowl into 2 Qt casserole dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake 15-20 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Garnish with avocado and tomato.
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers.
Easy Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 4oz can chopped Green Chilis
- 10 oz Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen Corn
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 6 Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 1 Avocado pitted an diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- In medium sauce pan add Quinoa and water.
- Bring to boil, then cover and turn heat on low for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In large bowl add green chilis, corn, beans, green onions, cilantro, enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cooked quinoa, mix well.
- In 2 Qt casserole dish spray bottom and sides with non stick cooking spray.
- Add mixture from bowl into 2 Qt casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado and tomato.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!