This Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad is so incredibly delicious! I used a super simple marinade for the chicken, which comes out perfectly tender and juicy once grilled!
Who’s ready for Spring?!
Spring is one of my favorite seasons because it means flowers are in bloom, I can plant a new crop of veggies to grow, and it’s time to grill outside!
I love grilling. I grill at least 3 times a week if not more. That may seem obsessive, but I find it so much easier than cooking things in the oven or on the stovetop.
Plus it takes less time to grill meat than it does cooking it in the oven.
I used the marinade from my Grilled Lime Chicken Kabobs recipe. It’s a simple marinade with Sherry, EVOO, Lime Juice, Chili Powder, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes.
You want to marinate the Chicken at least 30 minutes, but I suggest marinating it for 2 hours to get maximum flavor.
The key to getting those perfectly charred grill marks on the outside of the Chicken, yet keeping it tender and juicy on the inside is to cook it over a really hot grill.
Heat your grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the Chicken on the grill, close the cover, and don’t touch the Chicken until it’s been 5 minutes.
Flip the Chicken, cover, and cook for 5 more minutes, again don’t touch it or move it around on the grill.
Place the Chicken on a platter and cover with tinfoil. Let it rest for 10 minutes. This will finish cooking the Chicken and keep all of the juices inside and make it very tender.
Note: Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the Chicken. I use Organic Chicken Breasts which tend to be on the small side. Make sure Chicken is cooked all the way through before eating.
Then place the Chicken on a cutting board, slice it up and add it to this salad. Pour as little or as much Dressing as you like and proceed to chow down on all of this goodness!
More Salad Recipes
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Greek Salad with Chicken
- Blackened Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Blackened Shrimp Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad
- Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad
- Grilled Chicken Burrata Salad
- Thai Noodle Salad
If you try this Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad
This Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad is so incredibly delicious! We used a super simple marinade for the chicken, which comes out perfectly tender and juicy once grilled!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 oz fresh Spinach
- 2 Cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Red Cabbage
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup Sherry
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- Juice from 3 Limes
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 8 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
For the Dressing
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade
- Add Chicken to a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over the Chicken
- Seal and lay bag flat so that all of the Chicken is covered by the marinade
- Refrigerate 30 min to 2 hours (the longer you marinade the more flavorful the Chicken will be)
- You can make the salad dressing while you are waiting for this to marinade
- In a food processor add all ingredients for the dressing
- Blend until smooth, taste and add more Salt or Pepper to your liking
- Pour dressing into a small container and seal with a lid
- Refrigerate until ready to use
- Heat grill to 450 degrees
- Place Chicken on grill, cover, and cook approximately 5 minutes each side
- Remove Chicken from grill and place on a platter
- Cover with tinfoil and let rest 10 minutes, this allows the Chicken to further cook on the inside and will keep it tender and juicy
- Add Spinach, Cucumbers, Carrots, and Cabbage to a large bowl or platter
- Chop the cooked Chicken and add it to the salad
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad
Cook time will vary depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. Always cook chicken until the thickest part of the breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
If you have left over dressing you can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad, grilled chicken, chicken salad, salad, gluten free