I can’t tell you how long I have been wanting to make a spring roll…too long. I guess the thought of making these kind of intimidated me. But every time I order take out at an asian restaurant, I have to have them. So today I’m going to be brave and make these Rainbow Veggie Spring Rolls! And guess what? They were not that hard to make!
Well, ok I admit I practiced rolling these a few times before I did this post because I wanted to get good pictures of how to roll them for you. 🙂
The best way to make these is to make sure you have everything chopped and ready to go in sort of an assembly line. You see, once you wet the rice paper you have to move quickly to fill the wrap and roll it up tightly. Otherwise you’ll end up with a stickey mess. But hey, even if it doesn’t look pretty it’ll still be super yummy! 🙂
The directions on the rice paper wrap said to soak the rice paper in warm water for 30 seconds. Ok, I think this is too long. I tried this and the rice paper was too hard to work with. After doing several tests, I think soaking them for about 10 seconds is perfect.
I like to start by putting the Rainbow Chard leaf on first as a base, then add the rest of the ingredients on top. Also I place the ingredients towards the end of the rice paper, I find it easier to roll this way.
Then roll it sort of like a burrito, making sure to tuck in the ends tightly as you roll.
That’s it! See, that wasn’t that hard was it. 🙂
A side note, when you make these make sure they don’t touch each other on the plate or they will stick together.
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
The secret to these rolls is the dipping sauce. I recommend my Spicy Peanut Sauce for these! 🙂
- 16 Rice Paper Wraps
- 1 Avocado sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh Mint
- 1 large Cucumber peeled and sliced thin
- 3 Carrots julienned
- ½ Red Pepper sliced thin
- ½ Orange Pepper sliced thin
- 6-8 Rainbow Chard Leaves cut in large pieces to fit rice wrap (cut out the thick stems)
- Set up an assembly line of all ingredients to make it fast and easy.
- Fill a pie pan with warm water (or any type of shallow dish that's big enough to fit the rice papers)
- Dip rice paper in water for about 10 seconds getting all of it wet
- Put wet rice paper on a large plate
- Layer Rainbow Chard leaf, and veggies on top (careful not to fill too full or it will rip open)
- Roll up wrap tightly kind of the same way you would roll a burrito
- And repeat with each wrap.
- These are best when eaten right away.
- You can refrigerate them for a day or two if wrapped individually in saran wrap, however the rice paper will get a little harder in texture.
- Also when making these, make sure you do not place the wraps so they are touching each other or they will stick together.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!