Ok guys, so I just made for the first time ever a Sausage and Red Pepper Frittata. I was a little nervous making this…
but when I called my son to come and try this…(yes sometimes he’s the best Guinea Pig because he’s super honest), he literally gobbled this up in like 2 seconds! He said, “mom you should really put this on your food blog!”
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
YES! I have the kid approval, score!!! And mind you this is coming from a super picky 12 year old kid who normally does not eat anything with peppers.
Normally he questions every little thing he sees in the food. This time he ate it up so fast and then asked me what was in it. So I told him, and he was like “oh, ok”. Normally the response from him is, “mom you know I don’t like peppers, why did you put them in there?”.
So now I’m feeling like some sort of super mom that just got her kid to eat a vegetable they normally don’t like. Maybe I’ll start donning a red cape! 😛
Or not. 🙂
We had a Cast Iron Skillet growing up, and it seemed like everything my mom made in that just tasted sooooo good!
I grew up in the country side near a small town in Minnesota. So for me purchasing this Cast Iron Skillet and cooking something in this that was down home – good country cooking, it was a little nostalgic. It’s like, when you hear a favorite song from your childhood or you smell a certain scent that brings you back to the days of just being a carefree kid… yeah that’s what this pan did for me. 🙂
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, it’s really helpful to me and other readers!
Sausage and Red Pepper Frittata
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Sausage and Red Pepper Frittata
- Cuisine: Breakfast, Gluten free
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 chopped Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Tarragon
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- In 9 inch cast iron skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat.
- Once cooked through remove from pan and drain grease.
- Add olive oil and red pepper, cook until softened about 5 minutes, remove from pan.
- Set oven temp to broil on high.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, seasonings, and half of the cheese.
- Add sausage back to the skillet with the red pepper and pour egg mixture over top.
- Cook over medium heat 6-10 min, or just until set on the bottom but top is still wet.
- Add the rest of the cheese to the top.
- Place skillet in oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until fluffy and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let it set for 5-10 minutes before cutting into.
*Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!