My latest addiction is this Mango Cauliflower “Rice” Salad. As I’m writing this I’m sitting on my deck (or lanai as they say in Florida) outside enjoying the beautiful sunshine and the warm weather while I’m shoving spoonful after spoonful of this addicting salad into my mouth.
I’ve been trying to think of new fresh summer salad creations to make. When I’m thinking of what salads I should make, I usually just wander around aimlessly in the grocery store to see what fancies my eyes (and to see what’s on sale). Then I just sort of piece it together from there.
Then when I get home and am in the kitchen creating, I feel like the Swedish Chef (remember from the Muppets!), just chopping and throwing things around in the kitchen. Yes, this is my happy place. 🙂
Ok let’s get into how to make this Addicting Mango Cauliflower “Rice” Salad!
The base of this salad is made with Cauliflower manipulated to taste like Rice. That’s right, Cauliflower “Rice”! Why replace Rice with Cauliflower? Simple. Less Carbs and more nutrition. If I made this salad with Rice, the carb count would be way higher.
I don’t know about you, but for me especially when it’s ‘swimsuit season’, I really try to watch my carb intake. Yes there are Black Beans and Chickpeas in this salad which have carbs… But they are good carbs! There is a difference between good carbs and bad carbs. This salad has all good carbs! 🙂
To get the Cauliflower to have a ‘rice’ consistency I use a Food Processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a hand grater as well, it will just take a bit longer.
Then I zap it in the microwave for about 4 minutes. After it’s cooked I let it cool for about 10 minutes before mixing it in with the other ingredients.
Next I add the Cauliflower ‘rice’ to a large bowl.
Add in the Green Onion, Cilantro, Garlic, and Sea Salt.
Squeeze the Lime juice over everything and stir well.
Now add in the Black Beans, Chickpeas, Red Pepper, Tomatoes, and Mangos.
Mix it together and serve!
Here’s what I love about this salad:
- This is so light and refreshing and perfect for those hot summer days.
- This has a bit of a Mexican flavor with a hint of sweetness from the Mangos.
- It’s easy to make, 20 minutes from start to finish.
- It’s uber healthy, there is so much goodness in this salad!
If you try this, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s really helpful to me and other readers!
Addicting Mango, Black Bean, and Cauliflower “Rice” Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Total Time: 19 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mexican, Gluten free, Vegetarian, Healthy
- 1 head of Cauliflower chopped and stems removed
- 1 bunch about 4 or 5 stems of Green Onions chopped about 1/2 cup
- 1 bunch of fresh Cilantro chopped and stems removed about 1/2 cup
- 3 cloves of minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped Red Pepper
- 2 Mangos peeled, cored, and chopped about 1 cup
- 12 Grape Tomatoes
- Wash and remove stem from Cauliflower.
- Chop Cauliflower in small chunks and add to food processor.
- Once Cauliflower is chopped into ‘rice’ like consistency add to microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 4 minutes and let cool before adding the rest.
- Add Green Onions, Cilantro, Garlic, and Salt.
- Squeeze the juice of the Lime over and stir.
- Add in Black Beans, Chickpeas, Red Pepper, Mangos, and Tomatoes.
- Mix together well and serve
Discloser: There are Amazon affiliate links in this post, thank you for helping support Tastefulventure