Easy Vegetarian Pad Thai that can be made in less than 30 minutes (including prep), and is way better than take-out!
One of my favorite Thai restaurants in town closed a few months ago. I was super bummed because I loved their Pad Thai.
So I decided to start making my own Pad Thai. Turns out it’s easier than I thought it would be. Sure there’s a little prep work involved with cutting up the veggies etc. But once you have everything prepped, this cooks super fast!
Today I decided to make a Vegetarian version, because I simply love all of the beautiful colors from the veggies! 🙂
Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go, once you have everything prepped it cooks fast.
After the veggies are chopped I prepare the sauce.
In a small sauce pan add Fish Sauce, Sugar, and Sweet Chili Sauce. Set it on the stove burner and heat it over a low setting. This can sit on low for awhile until you’re ready to use it. Just a warning if you’ve never used Fish Sauce before, yes it will smell a bit fishy. I call it the stinky sauce, but it won’t taste fishy in the dish. Trust me this will taste delicious once it’s added in at the end.
Next I get the noodles ready.
In a large pot filled with water, bring it to an almost boil (when it just starts to bubble). Add the Rice Noodles and turn off the burner. The noodle will be cooked in exactly 8-10 minutes. Don’t let them sit any longer or they will get mushy.
While the noodles are cooking, heat a large wok over med-high heat with 2 Tbs coconut oil.
Add the Garlic, Shallots, and Green Onions to the hot wok. Cook over med-high heat stirring often for about 3-4 minutes.
Add in Cabbage, Carrots, Zucchini, and Red Pepper, cook about 2-3 minutes (not too long or they will get limp and soggy).
Scrape veggies to one side of the pan and add in the Eggs. Cook the Eggs until scrambled consistency.
At this point the noodles should be done. Add the noodles, and sauce to the wok, cook 1-2 minutes.
Add Cilantro, and Lime Juice to wok and stir. Remove from heat.
Garnish with Cashews and serve immediately.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Easy Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 3 Tbs Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbs Truvia Sugar (if using regular sugar you will need to double this)
- 2 Tbs Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 oz Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 Cup shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 medium Zucchini spiralized or sliced thin like noodles
- 1 Red Bell Pepper spiralized or sliced thin
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Cashews for garnish
- Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go, once you have everything prepped it cooks fast.
- In small sauce pan add Fish Sauce, Sugar, and Chili Sauce.
- Place sauce pan on stove and heat over low setting, let sit until ready to use.
- In large pot fill with water and bring to an almost boil.
- Add the Noodles and turn off the heat.
- Let the Noodles sit in the hot water for 8-10 minutes.
- While the Noodles are cooking,
- Heat large wok over med-high heat with 2 Tbs coconut oil.
- Add to wok Garlic, Shallots, and Green Onions.
- Cook over med-high heat stirring often for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in Cabbage, Carrots, Zucchini, and Red Pepper, cook about 2-3 minutes (not too long or they will get limp and soggy).
- Scrape veggies to one side of the pan and add in the Eggs.
- Cook Eggs until scrambled consistency.
- Add Noodles, and sauce to the wok, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add Cilantro, and Lime Juice to wok and stir. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with Cashews and serve immediately.