Using Chia Seed Gel in your smoothies and other recipes has so many health benefits.
Chia Seeds are loaded with antioxidants, high in fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and so much more. Which basically makes Chia Seeds a Super Food!
You can mix dry Chia Seeds into smoothies and other recipes, however I have found they are much easier on the stomach to digest when in a Gel form.
When you mix it in a Gel form it will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
You can use Chia Seed Gel in many other recipes besides smoothies too. You can use it as an egg replacement, 1 Tbs of Gel replaces 1 egg!
You can soak the Chia Seeds in other liquids as well. Such as Almond Milk, or fruit juice, then add it as a topping for a dessert!
If you have a favorite dish that you use Chia Seed Gel in, feel free to share what you use it for by leaving a comment below!Print
How To Make Chia Seed Gel
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Category: Smoothies
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Mix the Chia Seeds in the water.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes before using.
- It will create a Gel.
- Store in a mason jar with a lid in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Add a Tablespoon or 2 to any smoothie for a healthy boost!
- *Note: This is not my original recipe, but one I discovered on many vegan blogs and have since adapted for my own use.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!