This Lemon Basil Pesto Spaghetti with Burrata comes together in about 10 minutes. So light, fresh, and creamy, this will be your new favorite summer pasta dish!
Who says you can’t have pasta in the summer?
The thing I love about pasta is that you can enjoy it year round. Plus you can whip up a weeknight dinner in about 10 minutes with it!
In the summer I like to create lighter meals, so I decided to make a homemade Lemon Basil Pesto to toss with the cooked Spaghetti.
If you’ve never made pesto before, it’s super easy. And trust me, once you make it you will never want to buy store bought pesto again. It’s so much better! Plus you can make so many different varieties of pesto, so you could have a different kind of pasta every week if you wanted. 🙂
You can make the pesto while the Spaghetti is cooking to save time. So when the Spaghetti is done just drain it (save about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside), add it back to the heated pan. Then add in the pesto and slowly pour in a little bit of pasta water until it creates a bit of a sauce. You can pour as little or as much water as you want to your liking.
Now can we talk about this Burrata for a second? I am obsessed with Burrata! It’s like the creamiest, dreamiest of all cheeses… I could seriously eat this everyday!
After plating the Spaghetti, top with a hunk of Burrata. Now make sure you let it sit for a minute or two to let the Burrata melt into the hot Spaghetti. Then stir all of the creaminess into the Spaghetti and dig in!
I hope you love this Lemon Basil Pesto Spaghetti with Burrata as much as we did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and 100% Delizioso
If you love this pasta dish try some of my other pasta recipes below!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Lemon Basil Pesto Spaghetti with Burrata
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 6 oz Spaghetti (I used Barilla gluten free brand)
- 1 Tbs Sea Salt (for the pasta water)
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- 1 Tbs Lemon Zest
- 4 oz Burrata
- For the Pesto:
- 1–2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup Italian Parsley
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Fill a large pot half way full with water and bring to a boil
- Add 1 Tbs Sea Salt and Pasta
- Cook as directed or until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking make the pesto
- Add Garlic, Cashews, Basil, Parsley, Lemon Juice, Parmesan, EVOO, Salt, and Pepper to a food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Taste and add more Salt and Pepper to your liking
- Drain cooked pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water
- Add 2 Tbs EVOO to a large skillet and heat over med/high heat
- Add pasta, lemon zest and pesto to skillet
- Stir in some of the pasta water to loosen up the pesto and create more of a sauce
- Cook 1-2 minutes
- Plate and top with chunks of Burrata
- Let the Burrata melt into the pasta for a few minutes, stir it in for more creaminess
- Serve and enjoy!