This is seriously, hands down, the best pizza I’ve ever had that’s Gluten free!
I’ll admit I was a skeptic, using cauliflower for a pizza crust? Honestly you really can’t even tell the difference between this and a regular pizza crust. You will however see a difference in the calorie and carb intake! This Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust has around 200 calories and only 10 carbs per serving!
Note: I am currently working on a post that will show step by step on ‘How To Make A Cauliflower Pizza Crust‘. This will have lots of pictures and also a video to show you how easy it is. Stay Tuned!
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
I just started doing recipe videos this year, and I am working on going back into my old recipes and adding videos to them. So if you don’t want to dig into the archives, you can subscribe to my YouTube Channel and get notified every time I put up a new recipe video! Cool huh?! 🙂
If you prefer pictures instead, I’ve got step by step pics on how to make this as well as a full printable recipe at the end. 🙂
I started making pizza with a cauliflower crust almost 2 years ago after I went Gluten free in my diet. Over the last 2 years of tweaking the recipe several times, I finally have it down to perfection!
This totally satisfies my pizza cravings!
Honestly I thought my pizza eating days were over after going Gluten free. I tried several kinds of frozen Gluten free pizzas and they tasted like cardboard. If you’ve tried any of those, than you know what I mean!
You don’t need to be Gluten free to enjoy this pizza. In fact my 13 year old ‘picky eater’ son LOVES this pizza! He asks me to make it for him all the time, even though he says he doesn’t like cauliflower, ha! Anytime I can get him to eat vegetables and like it is good enough for me! 🙂
Ok, let’s dig into this Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust!
Now once you have the cauliflower pizza crust baked. Go ahead and add your favorite pizza sauce or my super yummy marinara sauce. Just sayin’! 🙂
Then just add the sliced Roma Tomatoes and the fresh Basil on top. I just love the smell of fresh Basil, don’t you?
Next top with your favorite Mozzarella cheese and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
Make sure you let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Then sit back and enjoy every low carb slice of goodness! Since it’s so low in carbs, you could even indulge in a glass of wine, or two, or three… 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
- For the Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp back pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cheese cloth
- For the Topping:
- half of a jar of your favorite pizza sauce or ¾ cup of my marinara sauce
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced thin
- 1 package of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Take one head of cauliflower, wash and chop up the florets.
- Place chopped cauliflower in a food processor, pulse for around 30 seconds until cauliflower looks like snow.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes covered. Let it cool before the next step.
- Place cooked cauliflower in a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Add cauliflower to a medium size bowl.
- Add ¼ cup mozzarella, parmesan, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, and garlic salt.
- Stir together.
- Add egg and stir until blended together.
- Form cauliflower dough into a ball with your hands and place on parchment paper over a pizza pan.
- Spread the dough out to the edges of the pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Add pizza sauce/or marinara to the cooked cauliflower pizza crust.
- Place sliced roma tomatoes, then place basil leaves on top, and add 1 cup Mozzarella.
- Bake approximately 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown on the edges.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
If you like these recipes, subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!