This Vegan Kale Pesto is such a healthy alternative to Pesto. The flavors of everything blend together so well. You will seriously want to eat this with everything!
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
This was actually my first time making Pesto, believe it or not! I’ve had my fare share of Pesto in restaurants, but for whatever reason I just never bothered making it.
After realizing how easy this was to make, I’m totally kicking myself for not making this sooner.
This is really easy to put together if you have a Food Processor. If you don’t have a food processor you could also use a high powered blender.
The only ingredients you will need are:
Kale (hard stems removed)
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Sea Salt / Pepper
Almonds (I used slivered Almonds, I think they are easier to chop)
Once all of your ingredients are in the food processor, just pulse for around 30 seconds until everything is blended together.
Here’s what you can pair this Vegan Kale Pesto with:
- Zoodles (Zucchini noodles) for a low carb option, you can check out my latest recipe here for this.
- You could also use regular GF linguini pasta to pair with this.
- Use it for a dip with GF french baguettes such as Udi’s brand. No I’m not getting paid to say this, I truly love their GF breads!
- Use it as a Pizza sauce.
- Serve with crackers, and maybe a glass of wine…or two, or three. 🙂
If you try this, let me know what you thing by leaving a comment below! It’s really helpful to me and other readers!
Vegan Kale Pesto
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups Kale leaves stems removed, about 3 large Kale leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil leaves, around 15-20 leaves
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1–2 cloves Garlic, depending on how garlicky you like it
- Juice of 1 Lemon, about 3 Tbs
- 1/4 cup raw slivered Almonds
- Add all ingredients to a 7 cup food processor or larger.
- Pulse 30 seconds or until it’s all blended together and creamy.
- Serve over Zucchini noodles, crackers, add as a pizza sauce…the possibilities are endless!
- Makes about 1 cup, serving size is 2 Tbs and will depend on what you use this for.
Discloser: there are Amazon affiliate links in this post