These Quinoa Burrito Bowls can be made in 15 Minutes and are Vegan and Gluten Free! Can I get a Woo-Hoo! 🙂
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
I love a good burrito bowl. I used to go to Chipotle and order them all the time. After I moved to Florida, I can’t seem to find one that’s close to me (insert sad face). So I decided to make my own version of a burrito bowl using Quinoa!
If you’ve been following my blog, you may already know that I have a love for Quinoa. 🙂
Quinoa is so versatile and can be used in so many dishes. It also works great as a rice substitute, and is much healthier then rice. It’s packed full of protein and nutrition.
My favorite brand of Quinoa is Ancient Harvest. I love it because it’s Organic and there is no rinsing required!
After I took these pretty pictures above, I decided to do a little experiment with this recipe. I put everything back in the pot except the avocado and lettuce. Then I mixed everything together.
Isn’t this a beautiful mess?! 🙂
Actually I like this better, you can even make this ahead of time and bring the leftovers to work or to the beach, or wherever you may go. It’s great cold or reheated!
The picture below is after the beautiful mess I made, I decided to dress it up a bit and take one last shot. I love food…and I love these Quinoa Burrito Bowls! 🙂
If you try this and love this as much as I do, show some love and leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- 1 cup dry Quinoa (I use Ancient Harvest Brand)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth (you can just use water too)
- Note the Quinoa/liquid ratio is based on cooking directions from the Quinoa brand I use. If you're using a different brand follow their instructions for cooking.
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed
- 3 Limes cut into wedges
- 1 bunch of Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro chopped and stems removed
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 1 cup Salsa (you can use any kind, depending on how spicy you like it - I used Mild for a kid friendly meal)
- In medium saucepan add dry Quinoa and Vegetable Broth.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook Quinoa 15 minutes.
- While the Quinoa is cooking, chop the ingredients.
- When Quinoa is done, add Cilantro, Green Onion, and Salsa.
- Squeeze juice from 2 limes into Quinoa, stir well.
- Add Corn, Black Beans, and Tomatoes, stir well.
- Add lettuce to bowls and spoon Quinoa mix over top.
- Add Avocado on top.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!