Who loves easy one skillet meals?? This girl! This Skillet Vegetarian Chili Mac n Cheese cooks in 20 minutes using only 1 skillet, AND it’s kid friendly!!! 🙂
Let’s dig in!
I have been totally craving a chili mac n cheese dish lately. But I don’t eat beef and I’m also Gluten Free. So I guess I always thought I would never be able to eat a meal like this.
Well I decided to put my creative taste buds together and come up with a version of this that is beef-free and Gluten free.
Let me tell ya, this dish is spot on for a delicious cheesy chili mac n cheese dish and totally satisfied my craving!
Oh and the best part, my son absolutely loves this!
I like to use Beyond Meat crumbles to replace beef in certain meals. No I’m not getting paid to say this, I truly love this product. It’s a nice option to have when you don’t eat beef but want something healthy that tastes similar. I’ve tried different vegetarian meat products in the past, but most of them contain Soy. I am not against soy, but it’s not great to eat it all of the time. So I prefer Beyond Meat because it is Soy-free.
I also was turned onto using Quinoa noodles a while back. They taste just like regular noodles and are Gluten free!
Here’s what I love about this dish:
- It comes together so easy all in one skillet, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner for the whole family
- It’s beef-free, and makes a nice healthy vegetarian option for dinner
- It’s Gluten free so that means I can eat it:)
- It’s über cheesy and delicious
- It’s kid friendly, yep, I mean what kid doesn’t love mac n cheese!
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and other readers!
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 Green Onions chopped (white and green parts)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp ground Peppercorn
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Truvia Brown Sugar (if using regular brown sugar you will need to double it)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz package of dry Quinoa Elbow Noodles
- 1 11oz package Beyond Meat Crumbles (you can use any kind of vegetarian meat crumbles)
- 1 cup frozen Corn
- 1 8oz package shredded Mexican Cheese divided
- In 12 inch skillet over medium heat add Olive Oil, Garlic, and White part of Green Onions.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat crumbles, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Cook 1 minute stirring seasonings in.
- Add Tomato Sauce, Water, Corn, and noodles.
- Turn heat up to medium high and cover pan.
- Cook 10-12 minutes until pasta is cooked and sauce is thickened, stirring often.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and stir in, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the rest of cheese on top, cover and let sit for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Green part of Green Onions.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!