This Coconut Curry Tilapia With Zucchini Medley is so easy to make! Just add everything to a foil pack and bake or grill for a fresh healthy meal!
Can you believe it’s the end of January already?! Honestly I don’t know where the time goes.
I decided to end this month on a healthy note by making this dish to share with you all. 🙂
This is an easy meal to throw together on a busy work night. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and there’s very little cleanup since everything cooks in the foil packet. Woohoo!
I love cooking meals in foil packets.When it’s cold outside you can just throw them in the oven to bake, and when it’s warmer outside just fire up the grill and cook them up!
I especially love cooking seafood and fish in foil packets. One of my favorite and most popular recipes to date is this Shrimp Boil in Foil. The flavors of everything blend together inside the foil packet and everything tastes so delicious!
Since Tilapia was on sale this week, I decided to create this meal based around that. Can you believe I purchased 4 fresh Tilapia fillets for $8?! If you can’t get fresh Tilapia, frozen is just as good, just thaw first. If you can’t find Tilapia you can substitute this with any white fish such as Cod, etc.
I added fresh Zucchini, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Shallots, and Pineapple to each foil packet. If there’s a veggie here you don’t like you can substitute it with whatever you prefer. That’s the beauty of this recipe, you can mix it up and make it your own creation.
Then I placed a Tilapia fillet on top of the veggies in each foil packet.
Next I whipped up this AMAZING Coconut Curry sauce to pour over the fish. This sauce is the bomb! Seriously.
For the sauce I used Thai Kitchen Organic Lite Coconut Milk in a can. This is my preferred brand because it’s Organic and has the best Coconut flavor.
Then I added some Green Curry Paste to the Coconut Milk along with some freshly minced Ginger, the zest and the juice from a Lime, fresh Cilantro, Sea Salt, and Pepper. Whisk it all together and pour evenly over each fish fillet.
Wrap up the foil packets and place them on baking sheets (in case there’s any leaks), then bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Note: If grilling omit the baking sheet. Place the foil packets directly on the grill over indirect heat. Grill at 400 degrees for the same amount of time or until fish is fully cooked at 145 degrees.
The Tilapia comes out so flaky and tender. The flavors of the Coconut Curry sauce soak into the fish, so each bite is bursting with deliciousness!
When I’m eating this I feel like I’m on a tropical island somewhere. Ok yes I live in Florida, but it’s only like 50 degrees outside, so definitely not tropical this time of year. 🙂
I cooked up some Jasmine Rice to serve on the side which goes together perfectly with this dish.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Coconut Curry Tilapia With Zucchini Medley
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Seafood
- 4 Tilapia fillets 1 – 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 lb Yellow Zucchini sliced
- 1 large Red Pepper sliced
- 3.5 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 2 Shallots thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped Pineapple
- 3/4 cup Lite Coconut Milk (I used Thai Kitchenone !important; margin:0px !important;” /> brand)
- 2 Tbs Green Curry Paste
- 1 thumb of Ginger minced
- Zest and Juice from 1 Lime
- 2 Tbs fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- non-stick Coconut Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Tear off 4 large sheets of tin foil, about 12-18 inches each.
- Spray foil with non-stick Coconut Oil spray.
- Add Zucchini, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Shallots, and Pineapple evenly to each foil sheet.
- Top each with a fillet of Tilapia.
- In small bowl whisk Coconut Milk, Green Curry Paste, Ginger, Zest and Juice from Lime, Cilantro, Salt, and Pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly over each fish.
- Bring up the foil sides, double fold top and ends to seal packet.
- Place foil packets on baking sheets, seam-side up.
- Bake 25 minutes or until fish is 145 degrees.
- Serve with a side of rice if desired.
Disclaimer: there are Amazon affiliate links in this post