These Sautéed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles in a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce are a healthier alternative to pasta and incredibly delicious!
I’ve been trying to incorporate in more healthier meals lately. I’m still feeling the bulge from the Holidays, and I’m determined to get back on track.
I personally don’t believe in diets. I mean I still eat pizza and chocolate once in awhile, I just balance it out by eating healthy meals in between. Because I believe life is all about balance. 🙂
Now let’s talk for a second about this homemade Roasted Red Pepper Sauce…
You guys, this sauce is seriously SO GOOD!
I just roasted a couple Red Peppers in the oven (full printable recipe below), then blended them in a food processor.
Next I sautéed some Onion, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes in EVOO. Added in the Red Pepper puree, Vegetable Broth, and Oregano, then cook until it thickens.
Once the Red Pepper Sauce is done, simply sauté the Zucchini noodles or zoodles as I like to call them until they are al dente. Which is about 3-4 minutes, don’t cook any longer then this or they will get soggy.
Now for those of you wondering, I used blade C on my Inspiralizer to create a thicker noodle.
Set the zoodles aside and sauté the Shrimp. Once cooked add the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Zucchini to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes to get the flavors mixed in to everything.
Serve and enjoy!
I hope you guys love this Sautéed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles in a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Loaded with flavor
- and Incredibly Savory!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Sautéed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles in a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Seafood
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
- 3 Tbs EVOO divided
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/3 Vegetable Broth
- 2 medium Zucchini spiralized (I used blade C on my Inspiralizer)
- 12 medium Shrimp deveined and shell removed
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh Parsley for garnish
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with Cooking Spray
- Slice Red Peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and the top core
- Place Peppers cut side up on baking sheet, bake 25 minutes
- Transfer Peppers to a food processor and blend until they form a puree consistency
- In a medium pan add 2 Tbs EVOO and heat over med heat
- When oil starts to shimmer add Onion, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes
- Sauté 3-4 minutes until Onions are soft
- Add the Roasted Red Pepper puree, Vegetable Broth, and Oregano
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until mixture thickens
- Reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer to allow the flavors to blend together
- In a separate skillet add 1 Tbs EVOO and heat over med/high heat
- When oil starts to shimmer add Zucchini noodles and sprinkle with a pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Sauté 3-4 minutes or until al dente
- Remove Zucchini and set aside
- In the same skillet add Shrimp and sprinkle with a pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Sauté 3-5 minutes or until Shrimp are cooked all the way through
- Add sauce to the pan with the Shrimp
- Add Zucchini noodles
- Stir and cook until combined about 1-2 minutes
- Garnish with Parsley
- Serve immediately