Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
This Turmeric Cauliflower Soup is so rich, creamy, and loaded with flavor!
Fall is in the air! Yes even in Southern Florida. 🙂
It’s now a cool 85 degrees outside with a nice breeze and the humidity has significantly dropped. Ahhh yes, this is why I moved here three years ago from the tundra state (Minnesota).
I think after living in Minnesota for the majority of my life, I have this internal clock inside of me that says hey it’s fall… time to start making cozy soups!
Which brings me to my latest creation of this Turmeric Cauliflower Soup!
You guys are going to love this soup!
- Basically it’s total Comfort Food!
This is super easy to make too.
Chop up one large head of Cauliflower and place it on a baking sheet.
You can either line your baking sheet with parchment paper first or just spray non-stick cooking spray on the pan so the Cauliflower doesn’t stick to it.
Then add in some Shallots and Garlic.
Drizzle Olive Oil over the Cauliflower.
Sprinkle Turmeric, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper evenly over Cauliflower.
Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, turning half way through.
In a large saucepan add Vegetable Broth, Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk, and cooked Cauliflower mixture.
I chose to use Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk because it’s dairy-Free AND lactose-free. It has 50% more calcium than dairy milk which is awesome and absolutely no cholesterol and no saturated fat. That’s what I call the power of plant-based nutrition! So it’s a totally smart swap for milk in recipes like this yummy fall soup!
Plus it has a new silky smooth taste you’ll love!
Oh and if you’re wondering where you can buy this, it’s available at Walmart in the refrigerator section.
Now bring this all to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat.
I like to set aside some of the Cauliflower chunks and add them to the soup later to get a more chunkier soup. But if you want yours creamier then you can skip this step.
Using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can carefully blend this in small batches in a regular blender, then add it back to the pot.
I added some fresh Mint for Garnish, it was delicious. 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- 1 large head of Cauliflower
- 3 large Garlic Cloves
- 2 Shallots sliced
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Mint for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash Cauliflower, remove stems, and chop into 1 inch size pieces.
- Add Cauliflower to a parchment lined baking sheet (if you don’t have parchment paper, spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray).
- Add Garlic and Shallots to baking sheet.
- Drizzle EVOO evenly over Cauliflower.
- Sprinkle Turmeric, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper evenly over Cauliflower.
- Bake 30 minutes turning half way through.
- In a large saucepan add Vegetable Broth, Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk, and cooked Cauliflower mixture.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove some of the Cauliflower chunks and add to the soup later if you want a more chunkier soup.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy.
- Add Mint for Garnish.