Keep warm today with this Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup! This soup is so rich and creamy, you would never know that it only has around 300 calories per serving, Yes!
This has to be one of my favorite soups. It’s perfect on this chilly winter day. It was only 36 degrees this morning when I woke up, brrr! I know I shouldn’t complain because I had talked to my dad on the phone last night (he lives in Minnesota where I’m originally from) and he said the temps in Minnesota today would be well below zero. Yikes, I do not miss those temperatures at all!
I hope you are all staying warm today inside. So get out those fuzzy slippers and make a nice hot bowl of this soup today! That’s what I’ll be doing. 🙂
This soup is also super easy to make. Just simply slice up some Red Peppers, chop a whole head of Cauliflower removing the stems, chop up a small Sweet Onion, and peel 4 cloves of Garlic.
Then add everything to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, this will make for easy clean up.
Next drizzle Olive Oil evenly over everything, then sprinkle on the seasonings.
Bake for about 40 minutes at 450 degrees until everything is roasted nicely.
When you take this out of the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes before putting everything in your blender.
So when it’s slightly cooled, go ahead and add the Cauliflower mixture to your blender.
Note: if you want chunkier soup, set aside a cup of the roasted Cauliflower and add it in to your soup pot with the blended mix at the end. I personally like mine a little chunky, so this is what I do.
Then add the Coconut Milk and the Parmesan Cheese to the blender with the Cauliflower mix. Blend on high 1 – 2 minutes until soup is pureed.
Pour your soup into a medium saucepan, add the chunks of Cauliflower, and heat on med-high heat for 1 – 2 minutes.
See, it’s easy!
Here’s what I love about this soup:
- It’s super easy to make, just chop, bake, and blend!
- It’s rich and creamy and leaves you feeling full.
- It only has around 300 calories per serving, so it’s guilt free!
- It’s very healthy, loaded with Vitamin C.
- It’s Gluten Free and Vegetarian!
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and other readers!
- 1 head cauliflower, washed stemmed, and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion
- ½ red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 15oz can light coconut milk
- 2 stalks green onion chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add chopped cauliflower, red pepper, onion, and garlic to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, nutmeg, thyme, and basil over cauliflower.
- Bake for 40 minutes until lightly browned on edges of cauliflower.
- Let cool 5 minutes before adding to blender.
- Add baked cauliflower mixture, coconut milk, and parmesan cheese to blender,
- (for chunkier soup, set aside 1 cup of the baked cauliflower and add at end).
- Blend 1-2 minutes until pureed.
- Add puree to medium saucepan and heat on med-high heat 2-3 minutes.
- Top with green onion.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!