These Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower Steaks (gluten free) are so addicting! Ok so it’s technically not steak, but seriously these are so filling and so much healthier!
The first time I had ever heard of Cauliflower Steaks was at a Farm to Fork restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. I was thinking to myself, ‘Cauliflower as a Steak?!’ I was intrigued, so I just had to try it!
It was one of the best vegetarian dishes I had ever tasted. I was like, ‘oh yes I must try making this for the blog!’
Now I’m not a vegetarian, but I do tend to enjoy more meals that just happen to be vegetarian. I still eat some meat and fish in moderation. I just happen to feel lighter and have more energy when I eat more vegetarian dishes. It’s a fine balance that works for me. 🙂
To make these beauties, I took a large head of Organic Cauliflower and sliced it into 1 inch slices.
Depending on the size of your Cauliflower, you should get about 3 big steak size pieces. The rest of it will probably break up into little Cauliflower florets. I cook these up the same way along with the steaks.
Dip the Cauliflower into the Egg and Coconut Milk mixture coating all sides, even the top of the Cauliflower.
Then dip the Cauliflower into the Panko, Parmesan mixture coating all sided including the top. If you’re gluten free like me, most grocery stores carry Gluten Free Panko, which is what I used to make this.
Add this to a baking sheet (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray), or just line the pan with parchment paper.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes turning the Cauliflower half way through.
Serve as the main meal, or a tasty side dish.
This was so delicious, I actually at the whole head of Cauliflower as my meal! It was so filling, and I was so satisfied.
Here’s what I love about these Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower Steaks:
- This is uber healthy, Cauliflower is loaded with Vitamin C, K, B6, Folate, Manganese, and is rich in antioxidants.
- It’s Gluten Free, and Vegetarian
- It can be made as a healthy meal, or side dish
- The flavors of the Parmesan and seasonings blend so well with the Cauliflower, making it taste sooo yummy!
If you like this, check out my 10 Ridiculously Good Cauliflower Recipes for more ways to make Cauliflower!
And as always, if you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Curry Cauliflower Soup
- Spicy Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice
- Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup
Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Panko
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbs Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and remove stem from Cauliflower.
- Place Cauliflower on cutting board and cut it vertically from top to bottom into slices about 3/4 of an inch thick. You should get 3-4 intact slices, the rest will fall away into florets (cook these as well).
- In a large deep dish (like a pie pan or a casserole pan) add Panko, Parmesan, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Thyme, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper.
- Blend the dry ingredients together and spread it out covering the bottom of the pan.
- In another large deep dish add in the Egg and Coconut Milk.
- Whisk until mixed.
- Take each slice of Cauliflower and dip all sides including the top into the Egg mixture.
- Next dip each slice into the Panko mixture covering all sides and top of Cauliflower.
- Add the Cauliflower onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or just spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray if you don’t have parchment paper).
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Flip Cauliflower over and bake additional 15 minutes.