On a recent trip to the Bahamas, I would have one of these drinks daily. There’s nothing better then sitting on the beach with your toes in the sand, and a coconut drink in your hand:)
We found this great little place in Freeport near the Straw Market that made really good coconut drinks.
You don’t need to be in the Caribbean to enjoy this drink, it’s so easy to make at home!
Tap on the coconut with the back side of a knife in an even circular motion
The coconut will start to open, gently pry with a knife
Gently open with your hands over the sink
Add the coconut water to your blender
Coconut Banana Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, Caribbean
- 2 fresh coconuts
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Crack open coconuts over sink, this is a little messy
- Take the back side of a knife and tap towards the top of the coconut in an even circular motion.
- You will start to see a line form where the opening will be
- Gently pry open the top being careful not to spill out the coconut water
- Add coconut water to your blender
- Add bananas, and vanilla, blend until smooth