Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this post. Make a delicious and convenient meal today with potatoes! This Mexican Breakfast Bowl with Spiralized Potatoes is such a great way to start the day. This easy Mexican inspired Breakfast Bowl is going to be your new favorite dish in the morning!
It’s loaded with:
Spiralized Potatoes from Potatoes USA
So when I was thinking of new breakfast ideas, I thought right away to use some sort of Potato in my dish. I mean Potatoes are a key staple in every cuisine around the world. They are like a culinary canvas of unlimited possibilities!
I decided to spiralize the Potatoes for this recipe, because they cook a lot faster that way.
Now depending on what type of spiralizer you have, use the smallest blade setting, the one that creates thin noodle shapes as shown below.
Once you have your Potatoes spiralized the rest comes together super fast.
In a large frying pan add Avocado Oil (I like this because it gives the Potatoes more of a Mexican flavor), but you can use Olive Oil too if you don’t have Avocado Oil.
Heat the pan over med/high heat.
Make sure the pan is nice and hot before adding the Potatoes, that way they don’t get soggy.
Then sprinkle the Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Red Pepper Flakes over the Potatoes.
Cook the Potatoes 10-15 minutes until they are cooked all the way through. Make sure you stir these up often to prevent them from sticking to the pan or each other.
Divide the Potatoes evenly into bowls.
In a small bowl whisk together your Eggs, Sea Salt, and Pepper.
Turn the heat of the pan down to medium.
Add the Eggs to the pan and scramble until done.
Divide the Eggs into your bowls.
Top with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Avocado, and Cilantro if desired.
Now prepare to nosh on all of this goodness! 🙂
Make sure you check out the Potato Goodness Facebook page for more delicious recipes like this!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.Print
Mexican Breakfast Bowl With Spiralized Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 Tbs Avocado Oil
- 2–3 Medium Size White Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup cooked Black Beans
- 1/2 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 Tbs chopped Cilantro
- Wash and peel Potatoes.
- Spiralize Potatoes into thin noodle like pieces.
- In a large frying pan add Avocado Oil and heat on med-high heat.
- When pan is nice and hot, add Potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, 1 tsp Chili Powder, and Red Pepper Flakes over Potatoes.
- Stir Potatoes often and cook 10-15 minutes until they have softened to your desired doneness.
- Divide Potatoes evenly into bowls.
- In a small bowl whisk together Eggs, 1/4 tsp Sea Salt, and 1/4 tsp Black Pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium and add Eggs to the frying pan, stirring until well scrambled.
- Divide Eggs into bowls with Potatoes.
- Top with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Avocado, and Cilantro.