Fall is officially here and it’s time again for me to consume everything pumpkin. 😛
The minute Starbucks announces they have Pumpkin Spice Lattes, I’m there! Well…until I actually read what was in their Pumpkin Spice Latte.
It actually contains no real Pumpkin and it is not Gluten Free. No wonder I always felt so bloated after having one of their drinks.
Don’t get me wrong, I love their coffee, but when you’re sensitive to Gluten it just doesn’t pay.
Plus having one of these drinks at Starbucks for $5 or so can really add up, especially for the coffee lover like me! 🙂
Ahhh, as I’m writing this I’m sipping on this deliciousness, swirling the cinnamon stick around in my coffee and savoring every sip. The cinnamon stick really adds great flavor if you leave it in your cup until the coffee is gone.
The ingredients in this are pretty simple. The batch I made is for about 4 cups. The nice thing about this recipe, is that you can make a batch and then store it in your fridge until you’re ready to use.
Pumpkin Spice Latte (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Coffee
- Cuisine: Gluten free
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat on low-med heat on the stovetop.
- Brew coffee, I use a Keurig, so I use a single cup serving of Costa Rica coffee. You can use any flavor you desire for this.
- Fill coffee cup about 3/4 full, then add Pumpkin mixture to top it off.
- Add 1 – 2 packets of Stevia if desired for sweetness
- Add whip cream if desired, I use RiceWhip, since it’s Gluten Free. You can find cans of this in most health food stores.
- Sprinkle whip cream with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add Cinnamon sticks if desired.