This smooth and creamy Pumpkin Seed Hummus comes together in under 5 minutes and is so delicious! This could be my new favorite flavor of Hummus. 🙂
I’ve been trying to make my own Hummus from scratch whenever I can.
It saves me money plus homemade Hummus is so much healthier and flavorful from the ones you buy at the store.
Plus you can put your own unique spin on different flavors that you cannot get anywhere else. Like this Pumpkin Seed Hummus!
Normally Hummus is made with Chickpeas and Tahini as the main staple ingredients. Tahini is basically just Sesame Seeds ground up into a butter.
So I was thinking, hey why not replace the Tahini with Pumpkin Seeds or Pepitas!
I found some Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds in my local grocery store so I thought I’d give this a whirl!
The easiest way to make this is with a Food Processor.
Just add in all the ingredients below:
Chickpeas (or Garbanzo Beans)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Then blend until smooth and creamy. If you like it more creamy add more Water and Olive Oil. if you like it more chunky add less.
I like to serve this with a big batch of veggies like Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Carrots.
It’s a great healthy snack especially during the Holidays when I tend to bing a little more than I should. This kinda balances it out. 🙂
Here’s what I love about this Hummus:
- The flavor is so unique with the Pumpkin Seeds along with a hint of Lemon flavor. Every taste is just bursting with flavor!
- It’s a super healthy appetizer, full of Vitamins and Iron which are great for your skin. Winter always seems to take a toll on my skin, so every little bit helps!
- This is so easy to make, I’m thinking this would be perfect for the next Holiday get together.
If you give this a try let me know what you think, I love hearing from you all!
- 1 15oz can of Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Add all ingredients to a Food Processor and pulse for around 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape sides with a plastic spatula if there's any thing that didn't get blended.
- Pulse a few more seconds until all is incorporated into a creamy consistency.
- Add Hummus to a bowl and serve with fresh veggies or your favorite chips.
This post has Amazon affiliate links