I love using Zucchini to make it into food dishes that I love but without all of the carbs. Normally I use Zucchini for pasta as a Low carb, Gluten Free alternative. But today I decided to try something new and make these Zesty Zucchini Fries! They are so delicious and taste just like fries, but without all the carbs and guilt.
Ok you guys, so it’s late August, and if you have a garden you must have Zucchini growing like crazy! At least I know I did when I lived in Minnesota with a garden. I really miss having a garden. I remember late August when I had a garden and I would have so much zucchini that I couldn’t keep up with making things with it, so I would give a ton of it away to my neighbors. Maybe someday I’ll have a garden again, but right now I’m just enjoying maintenance free Condo living in Florida.
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
Zesty Zucchini Fries
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 3 medium Zucchini sliced in sticks
- 2 Egg whites beaten
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried Basil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg mixture coating all sides.
- Then dip the zucchini in the bread crumbs coating all sides.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes turning half way through.
- Dip in Marinara Sauce or Dairy Free Ranch Dressing.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!